Reviews (3 767)
3 767 results
2 898
2 898
All reviews cipriani restaurant main building iconic hotel poolside restaurant grand dame pool area city view pool service guest relations turn down service luxury hotel hotel guests overlooking the beach late check visit rio breakfast buffet is south america
90 - 95 of 3 767 reviews
Reviewed 30 April 2018

A superb room, with a view to the pool and sea. Everything and everyone are for you to spend your time.
I’ve never been in a pool like this: big, beautiful people, good drinks, food...
Will comeback again.

1  Thank edgarfn
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2018

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for sending your incredible testimony. I was very glad to know that you enjoyed the accomoations, view and specially the pool.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Romantic break for 2 (kids at home!)

Location: across the road from Copacabana Beach. Easy access to metro and taxis. Set in a real part of Rio you can enjoy the atmosphere/vibe of the area. You can also forget the outside while enjoying the luxury of the hotel.

Breakfast: outstanding. Fresh selection of fruits. My highlights fresh sweet mango; cheese balls; water melon juice; eggs cooked to order. Served outside or inside the Pergula restaurant

Meals; ate at Mee which is their Michelin star pan Asian restaurant. Lovely spicey food and great staff. Indoor dining with air con (you will need a shawl). Pergula perfect setting overlooking the pool.

Room: we stayed in the newly refurbished wing overlooking the pool and sea. Stunning accommodation with walk in wardrobe, nespresso machine and separate seating area,

Overall service was fantastic, atmosphere was cool and stay was memorable. Would love to return. Note Kids around but not many

Tips for Rio trip:
Christ Redeemer- do early at 8am before crowds. 5 mins walk from hotel is Praia da lido to catch a tourist bus 60 Brazil dollars each (x2 bus trips with return back to base).
Sugar loaf mountain is 5 mins drive away
Recommend aprazivel and olympe restaurant for dinner
Beware thieves! Husband left unattended havianna flip flops on Ipanema beach while swimming and they got stolen! Nb hotel has couple of sunbeds on beach (rarely used)
Ice cream parlour outside door
Taxi to airport 80-100 Brazil reals
Def visit the botanical gardens!
Leblon shopping good for Brazilian brands and American brands

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank nides77
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Sir,
Needless to say, I noticed that your testimonial is well detailed and full of excellent impressions on aspects of our breakfast, location, ambience, accommodations and the highlight given to our pan-Asian MEE restaurant.
Thank you very much and I do hope that you return.

Reviewed 25 April 2018

The hotel has managed to stay relevant and updated whilst maintaining its long history of visits from the who's who's list. The spot on the beach set up by the Hotel is reason enough to stay and the poolside with its heated pool is always buzzy but still has plenty of loungers everytime I wanted one. Will stay here again.

1  Thank MCF1
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2018

Dear Guest,
Firstly I need to say that I was extremely grateful and glad after reading your testimony. Indeed we have a very rich history since our foundation in 1923. Also thank you to mention our pool and beach from view!

Reviewed 20 April 2018

We stayed here in November for 3 nights, part of our trip to south America, largely organized by Monica Tours Peru (reviewed separately). We had an excellent spacious suite on the fourth floor, overlooking the pool and the sea. As we had rain on one of the days, it was good to sit outside, protected from the rain by the overhanging balcony. With its prestigious history, and part of the Belmond group, the staff and service were first class, ready to help with any query, advice and information. The pool is very large, and therefore plenty of room, even when there are a lot of people around the pool.
We ate at the Pergula restaurant, which had a very wide selection of food, and very well prepared. We also ate at the Cipriano restaurant. We were told that no reservation was necessary, arrived early to be told that the table we asked for was reserved for somebody. The wine we asked for was not available, there was a lot of hype about each dish they served - the food was good, but certainly not worthy of the high price tag. Apart from that, it is a hotel of great fame, and everything else was very good.
Monica arranged a tour of Rio, and that was a great experience, to see after the train climb such amazing views from Corcovado and Pao de Açucar. Included in our trip was lunch at Carretao restaurant in Ipanema, a traditional buffet of all-you-can-eat, with delicious meats and fish constantly presented to you on skewers etc. This was excellent, and I would highly recommend it for somewhere to eat a little differently.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank bedders46

Dear Guest, First of all I would like to thank you for choosing and for including our hotel on your South American trip. It was also amazing to know that you had the opportunity to know some famous points and gastronomy of Rio. I am happy to be able to observe and praise various aspects of "Copa"l such as our iconic swimming pool and the newly renovated Pergula Restaurant. But I also noticed some comments to our restaurant Cipriani. I apologize for any inconvenience, although it is not usual. I will forward your feedback to the responsible Management.
Best wishes,

Reviewed 19 April 2018

I stayed for three nights at this hotel and I highly recommend it! I currently work at a five star hotel in Las Vegas at the SKYLOFTS and coming from five stars and working under Forbes I was HIGHLY impressed by this property and their customer service! The hotel was beautiful and the staff felt like family. We were there during Easter weekend and they brought us and our son a special, beautiful chocolate egg. I was not even expecting anything and that really left me with an impression! I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and I am missing it everyday since I have been back home for the past two weeks. I miss this property and beautiful city very much and hope to visit back soon and when I do, I will be staying at this property again! Also, their breakfast is over the top and so exceptional! They have such a variety and it is more than the simple breakfast you could imagine. Over the top service! Thank you Copacobana Palace Team !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LeaeAlvarez
AndreaNatal, General Director at Belmond Copacabana Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2018

Dear Sir, I would like to say that I have read your commentsl and as a result I was very happy to know that we were able to exceed your expectations. Among so many compliments, as an example, I noticed, as you described and was impressed by our breakfast and the Easter Experience.
Best Wishes,