24 people are viewing this hotel
US$237
Free cancellation until 21/09/28
US$237
Free cancellation until 21/09/28
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
US$215
Hotels.comUS$237
PricelineUS$237
HurbUS$259
All reviews gold lounge main pool spirit bar le labo pools are lovely vogue magazine morning sun butler service poolside bar bedroom suite every amenity the ocean view room sugarloaf mountain infinity pool exceptional hotel sugar loaf hotel gym
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 July 2021

The location of the Fairmont Rio De Janeiro is truly superior as it straddles Ipanema and Copacabana, but the upgrades to the property itself steal the show: the pools, common areas, corridors leading to freshly designed and spacious rooms and the meticulous upkeep from the cleaning crews.
Management is obviously doing a lot of things right, and frequently!

Room tip: For the most magnificent room you can have in Rio, request 1174 - every possible view and you can practically live in the room!
Date of stay: July 2021
Fairmont Rio, Proprietário at Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2021

Hello Dani,
We are very happy to see comments like yours about Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again very soon to make new incredible memories.

Reviewed 12 July 2021

The experience was poor and well below my expectations for this establishment. I really did expect better. I did inform the staff of all of the issues experience, from
being cold when working in the room and the maintenance worker coming to check telling me to put a coat on
The restaurant, I was told didn't open until 19:30 but when I checked it opened at 19:00.
The menu is limited and for someone who does not eat beef or seafood the chicken looked like a great option. Only to be told that this is only available as a large sharing dish for four people meaning that I had no choice but to go for room service. The restaurant, although providing the room service options did not offer any alternative in the restaurant itself.
Then the double standards of room service started where one night I get a plate and cutlery and the next night just the boxes and some wooden utensils. I didn't see peoples drinks being delivered in cardboard cups, no, they had cocktail glasses. I have pictures if required, including the broken ice bucket left in the corridor outside of my room.
The breakfast was a joke with an undercooked poached egg being taken back and returned just recooked and not much bigger that a 25 centavo coin. All this after waiting almost half an hour. I have pictures if required.
The staff did provide some benefits at the end of the start which were not asked for or required but accepted and appreciated.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Fairmont, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2021 via mobile

My name is Regina Baldiotti and I work for American Airlines. I would like to commend your employee PATRICIA, who works at Fairmont Hotel in Rio de Janeiro.
I fly every week for the last 31 years usually staying in five star hotels. I have to say that very few times I found someone so friendly and pleasant as PATRICIA.
She is a delightful girl and an asset for your company and she needs to be commended for a job so well done.
Thanks Patricia !

Regina Baldiotti
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
V BE

Trip type: Travelled on business
Fairmont Rio, Proprietário at Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2021

Hello Mrs. Baldiotti,

I will forward your message to our colleague mentioned.

Reviewed 29 June 2021

It was perfect. From staff to food and beyond.
I will go back to this hotel for sure. The food I had was unbelievable. Everything was perfect done.
From the check-in to Check-out, my experience was amazing.

Room tip: Ask for front pool view.
Date of stay: June 2021
Fairmont Rio, Proprietário at Fairmont Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2021

Hello,

Reviewed 29 June 2021

Weekend relaxed live music with smooth singer and nice morning swims from the beach. The room had amazing views and a nice terrace. Located at best part of Copa close to Arpoador and Ipanema. Service exceeded expectations from reception to pool bar. Felt safe with covid procedures.

Room tip: Higher floor rooms have amazing views.
Date of stay: June 2021