9 people are viewing this hotel
US$113
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Reviews (3 228)
3 228 results
2 509
2 509
All reviews glass of champagne rooftop pool copacabana beach turn down service sugarloaf mountain breakfast buffet beach service excellent hotel beach chairs upon check ocean view superior room top floor sugar loaf visiting rio christ the redeemer yogurt
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 3 228 reviews
Reviewed 25 March 2021

I recently visited Rio on holiday and elected to stay at the Miramar. I was not disappointed! The hotel is located on a great location on Copacabana beach. My ocean view room was very nice, with excellent air conditioning, refrigerator and other amenities. In spite of a city wide quarantine in Rio during my stay (restaurants and bars shut down at either 5 pm or 9 pm depending on the evening) the hotel restaurant and bar remained open until 11 pm in order to accommodate guests. The hotel was COVID mindful too, without being over bearing. The Miramar also arranged a rapid COVID test for me at the hotel prior to my flight home. All in all, a very nice hotel that I would frequent again.

Date of stay: March 2021
1  Thank 468stephenu
William Rodrigues, Diretor-Geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2021

Dear 468stephenu,
Thank You very much for your nice review at Trip Advisor! We were so glad to see that you had a very delighted experience in our hotel. We hope to see you back as soon as possible,

Reviewed 6 February 2021 via mobile

BE STILL MY HEART. I even swoon as I write this review (hold on, let me sit). So I have definitely stayed at 5 star hotels in my life (not many) and they can ALL take a page out of the book of Windsor Miramar! The service at this hotel was superlative! It defines what the epitome of customer service/concierge service truly is. From champagne greeting, to the frontdoor man(person) walking you to the car with an umbrella in the rain. I NEVER heard the word no, unless I was asking, is there anything you can't do?? They assisted with providing info for a location for my COVID testing, ahhh I could go on and on! The room was spotless, the bed and pillows, soooo comfortable! And can I add it's the little things, they had washclothes! Why does no hotel have washclothes? How do people clean their ears and who ha's?? I'm convinced if you don't use a washcloth you probably have a dirty down below, but I digress. The view from the rooftop pool is breathtaking. The only, and I mean only disappointment was that they advertised having a spa and a hot tub, I later found out, it was really just a sauna, I had planned on having a massage while I was there, so I was not happy with that, but the disappointment soon faded when the guy at the rooftop bar said they could suggest and schedule an appointment at a spa nearby. Now, I am not sure if my previous 5 star experiences were due to racial discrimination, apathy, or lack of training, but I will say, I now understand what 5 star service is supposed to be, and I will expect nothing less when I shell out the cash to stay at one. The attached restaurant was also very good, exceptional service, as expected. The quality of the meal did not quite parallel the price, but it was good. Overall, I was more than satisfied with my experience, and I doubt I will stay anywhere else when I come back. Obrigada!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank DrBarnes_BWIG
William Rodrigues, Diretor-Geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2021

Dear DrBarnes_BWIG,
Sincerely, I don't have enough words to say "Thank You" for your wonderful review at Trip Advisor! Your words make us very proud about all the work we do here and give us the certainty that we are on the right path in search of excellence. As for having a "spa", we honestly do not disclose such information on our website. Probably, some sales website has made such a mistake that we will try to correct. I apologize for that fact. We hope to see you again as soon as possible.

Reviewed 18 January 2021 via mobile

I am a kind of person who always pick boutique hotels, the hotel I selected for this trip was sold out, and my second option was Miramar!
When I stepped in the old fashioned lobby I told myself: you silly girl, you have done a bad choice!
I was wrong! Miramar was above my expectations! Our suite was large, 2 separate rooms! A huge amount of amenities in bathroom! Free 2 large bottles of mineral water! Classic decoration! They provided me the exactly suite I have requested: corner, high floor! And there was a delicious sweeties tray waiting for us!
Staff was super! Everybody did everything to make us Happy and comfortable! Pool at the Rooftop was amazing! We had a minor issue with the bathtube and they fixed it quickly!
There are only 2 things that I think they could do to make it better : blackout curtains and guest cards to use elevator!
Really fantastic stay!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liylly
William Rodrigues, Diretor-Geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2021

Dear Mrs. Liylly,
I don't have enough words to say "Thank You" for your review at Trip Advisor! It is interesting your analysis that upon check in you thought that you had chosen the wrong hotel and, later on, you were delighted. These comments give us the certainty that we are following the correct path in search of excellence, mainly in services. Once again, Thank You very much for choosing Miramar Hotel for your stay in Rio. We hope to see you again as soon as possible,

Reviewed 9 January 2021 via mobile

All went perfect, clean and comfortable room! With a very welcoming staff and employees. A very pleasing stay! The food is also great @ the italian restaurant. With a perfect location, near to the commercial center and beach. A fair price to a 5 star hotel! I recommend, and pretend to return!!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank JMSP_1969
William Rodrigues, Diretor-Geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2021

Dear Mr. / Mrs. JMSP_1969,
Thank You very much for your review at Trip Advisor! We are so glad to see that you had a wonderful stay with us. Also Thank You for all praises. We hope to see you again as soon as possible.

Reviewed 7 January 2021

I stayed at this friendly hotel for 12 days to celebrate my birthday during the pandemic. let me just start off by saying that regardless of the language barrier, the service OVER & BEYOND my expectations. The breakfast & dinner at the Alloro Al Miramar was AWESOME. However, it’s the ON-CALL BUTLERS that are the stars of the show & the female who answered my call every night when I ordered room service that stood out. With their faultless service, even extending extra amenities, it hit home for me as I was in a different country. You must do CHRIST the Redeemer, Sugar Loaf Mountain, Rio Street Art Tour, the Museum of Tomorrow, Escadaria Selarón, Forte de Copacabana, Tijuca, Jardim Botanico, & visit the different beaches that's around. Can't wait to COME BACK!

Room tip: Roof Top Pool, Awesome Service, Great Breakfast, Great Coffee, Great Food, Best View in Copacabana
Date of stay: November 2020
4  Thank GGirl1977
William Rodrigues, Diretor-Geral at Miramar Hotel by Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2021

Dear Guest G1520LHgloriam,
I do not have enough words to say "Thank You" for this wonderful review! My entire team and I were very proud of our work by reading your comments. They give us the certainty that we are following the correct path in search of excellence. We will be waiting for your next visit.