Lowest prices for your stay
US$35
SAVE US$10
Expedia.comUS$31
PricelineUS$35
FindHotelUS$31
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 March 2019 via mobile

I stayed at Arosa for 5 nights and found myself enjoying the stay. The hotel is located in Centro/Lapa. There are many (and cheap) restaurants around so eating will not certainly be a problem. Main Lapa hotspots such as the Cathedral, the Arches and the famous stairs as well as the famous and buzzing nightlife are a bit far but honestly you should always get a cab when in Rio, they’re so cheap so that even if you’re on a budget, you’ll be able to afford it. You’ll definitely a cab to ride to the main famous beaches (about 20 mins), since the hotel is in the city centre.
Breakfast was ok with a selection of both continental and English items.
Room was spacious and bed comfortable, well-equipped with minibar, air conditioning, safe.
The only downsides were the WiFi, this seemed to be working on and off.
And last, I am sorry to say that but check-in is the first impression you get from a hotel and was a bit disappointing. Upon my arrival, the lady at the front desk completely ignored me, she looked stressed and in a strop, so busy that I had to be the one to start the conversation and say HI, otherwise she’d have carried on with the stuff. It was almost like she did not want to be there.
The other members were super nice, a short lady who speaks very good English and the guy ( I think his name is Carlos), they have helped me out through the entire stay.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ChaseGR
Reviewed 28 January 2019

Hotel is not in the best area of Rio. There are vacant buildings and homeless people sleeping doors away. The pool is an 3 person Jacuzzi the air conditioner was broke in the lobby on the day my party arrived. We didn't feel comfortable to stay and of course these was nonrefundable rooms. Complete waste of money, management was uncooperative in acknowledging any deception to their ad. Find an better deal by booking directly with a hotel you trust like the Hilton, I did. Expedia and Trip Advisor, should not be recommending this hotel on their sites to the millions of travelers who trust the service they provide.

Room tip: Book at hotels you have use in the past
Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
RonnieArosa, Gerente at Arosa Rio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Dear Mrs Sonia,

Our hotel is located at central Rio in a neighborhood called Lapa, that includes many points of interest as Arcos da Lapa, Escadaria Selaron, Metropolitan Cathedral (and many others) and it's globally famous for their samba houses and bars.
We are very disappointed for your review and in our opinion is not quite fair at all.
When you arrived, you just ask us for sea view rooms. The sea is about 2 km from the hotel. We understand that you did want to stay in front of the beach, but it was not our fault that you had booked this hotel. The pool is exactly the same pool you'd seen in our photos as we explained here at the hotel. The location is also informed when you book our hotel. When you booked our hotel, you had all the informations and photos to decide wether to come to our hotel or not. You get a great promotion in our hotel, and the conditions were clearly exposed.
As you can see in many sites, we have good ranking and reviews in the majority of travel site.
I hope you had a great experience in Rio.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Arrived after a 20-30 min taxi ride from the airport. Staff at the front desk spoke English and were super friendly and helpful. Since I arrived early they allowed me to hold onto my luggage whilst my room was being prepared. The room was big and spacious just the way I like it. The bed was soft but not too soft, found myself getting some really good recovery sleep from the flight. I decided to try out the gym and was informed that there was another gym next door with more equipment which I could also use. The hotel gym however is not the best but has the basic stuff like air con, light weights and a multi-purpose machine.Theres also a little pool you can go in afterwards.The breakfast was great! Alot of variety. I also had lunch in the restaurante and food was good then aswell and not too expensive.

I throughly enjoyed my time there.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
RonnieArosa, Gerente at Arosa Rio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Dear guest

We appreciate your kind words about Arosa Rio Hotel. Our guest's evaluation help us to improve and mantain our high level of service.
Hope seeing you soon in our hotel again.

Best regards from Rio,

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We were put up in this hotel by the airline company avianca as our flights were cancelled.

It was about a 25 minute drive from GIG airport by taxi.

The woman at reception spoke English quite well and was able to help us out a lot (calling a taxi for us, helping us to call our other hotel that we were not showing up at)

The bad was very comfortable and the room was spacious. Avianca paid for us to have dinner there as well and it was buffet style. Several choices but it was very welcome after a horrible day at the airport.

The breakfast was also included and it had lots of options

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RonnieArosa, Gerente at Arosa Rio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback from your stay. We appreciate your kind words about the hotel and our services.

Hope seeing you soon in our hotel again.

Best wishes,
Ronnie Arosa.

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Firstly I should mention that I stayed here a week and throughout the week despite my varying degrees of experience in Rio, the hotel was a welcome retreat to rest. The staff were always kind and respectful, room service was quick despite it being 3AM New Years day and the cleaning staff very attentive. I would happily stay here again and would highly recommend the rooms, spacious, clean, great wifi and fantastic showers.

The breakfast was also second to none and possibly one of the best I have had in a hotel - I would even say that on New Years day we woke up too late for breakfast however they still served us breakfast. (this may be a one off with them expecting that the New Year partiers would be late getting up)

I really can't fault this hotel and the staff. Very friendly and very helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RonnieArosa, Gerente at Arosa Rio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2018

Dear Mr. Tom.

We appreciate your kind words about Arosa Rio Hotel. We are very glad to know that we´ve made great difference in your experience in Rio. Our guest's satisfaction is our best reward.

Hope seeing you soon in our hotel again. Best regards from Rio,