7 people are viewing this hotel
US$19
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
US$23
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
Reserve now, pay at stay
Trip.com
PricelineUS$23
HurbUS$24
Reviews (1 520)
1 520 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 520 reviews
Reviewed 5 July 2019

Room was very big, modern and comfortable. Excellent breakfast and nice pool and sauna area with great views on the roof. Location in Rio Centro is also good if you don't need to go out in the evenings.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Erton
Reviewed 18 June 2019

I arrived on Sunday and there was absolutely nothing open anywhere around the hotel, so I had to resort to the hotel food.
The room was extremely small for the size of the bed but I managed.
The mattress was ok and I didn't have much trouble dealing with with the spaces available.
There was a buffet and, with nothing else around, I decided to go for it.
Available there was rice, beans, chicken and some beef medallions, which I chose to my regret. I had to swallow the meat pratically whole to avoid spitting it back on the plate. I lacked hydraulic jaws to be able to chew it.
Service was OK, albeit some pompous attitude by the front desk gentleman (there was he, a white man, and two black young ladies. The ladies were nicer.
Would I return? Only if circumstances demanded due to proximity to a place where I needed to conduct business, otherwise no.
The top floor, where they have a "swimming pool" (more like a 7' X 7' tank), offered an amazing view of the Sugar Loaf mountain. They also have a gym and sauna which I did not visit.
The float screen, however, had good reception and several channels, including CNN International in English.
The shower was pretty decent, but the lighting in the bathroom sucked.
Incidentally, the restaurant did not offer a la carte. Buffet ot bust.

Date of stay: June 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Ron P
Reviewed 25 March 2019

It's a wonderful place to stay at the heart of the city. It is located near the Teatro Municipal. Recommended for beginners of Rio de Janeiro. The view of the beach is awesome. The swimming pool also is viewing the city center and the spa is also good.

Room tip: Middle and upper rooms are good.
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank nescb
Reviewed 14 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed two nights. Location is only good, city center. Air conditioner horrible, very loud, cannot sleep, rooms are warmer than corridors. Swimming pool with really dirty water, we didn't use it. Reception staff are like they welcome another number not guests. We expect something different, better to pay few Euro more and stay in better rated hotel, definitely will not back there.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank radzik112
Reviewed 2 February 2019 via mobile

If I could give it a zero I would. This place is the worst place I have been in a long time. The staff is not helpful and don’t seem to care about your experience. The air conditioning has been making loud noises and the staff don’t seem to want to do anything about it. I have never been in such a place. Don’t stay here it’s definitely worth spending the extra money to avoid lack of sleep.

Date of stay: February 2019