“Hit every site with a knowledgeable and personable guide!”

Daniel Cabral - Rio Tour Guide
Ranked #3 of 560 Tours in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hi. I am a tour guide with 15 years of experience. I provide Private Tours in Rio de Janeiro and can take you to visit all the main attractions of this amazing city and also some places that only locals would know. I can offer you cultural tours, walking tours, hikings or drive you around on my confortable car. Please get in touch and Enjoy Rio!!!
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When I knew I was traveling to Rio, my wife knew a person that used Daniel as a guide. I was given Daniel’s number and sent him a text. He immediately responded. Within a couple of texts, we set out time to meet the following week. He picked me up on time and after a quick intro we were off. He was easily one of the most professional and personable tour guides I have ever had in all of my travels. He’s a huge soccer fan, and the fact that he took me on an 8 hour tour the day of the Brazil World Cup soccer game says a lot (side note- game started at 3pm and he dropped me off at 3:05. He still had to drive in Rio traffic to meet his family to watch the game and deliver jerseys to his daughters. He never said anything about missing part of the game. He kept pointing out places of interest and talking about Rio. He was awesome).
He’s extremely knowledgeable about Rio. I let him take me where he thought we should go. We hit the main sites and he knew all of the information about them- Christ the Redeemer, Rio Cathedral, Sugarloaf, Copacabana/Ipanema, Selaron Steps, Downtown. However, he is flexible and would have taken me to any other place. He never once rushed me from one place to another. We actually watched the last 20 minutes of the Germany/South Korea soccer match at a food truck- that was great (felt bad for the lone German family that just got off the Sugarloaf tram catching the last of the game, as well).
If you want a thorough, yet relaxed, tour with a genuine and knowledgeable guide, this is the tour for you. His English is great.

All reviews
"tijuca national park"
in 17 reviews
"safe driver"
in 7 reviews
"answered all of our questions"
in 6 reviews
in 25 reviews
"excellent guide"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Daniel picked us up from the cruise ship terminal early and our amazing day in Rio began. We saw so much in one day - all the highlights and more. We even had lunch in an amazing local establishment. I would highly recommend Daniel - he is very knowledgeable and a great host for Rio! Thank you!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Daniel picked us up at the Hyatt in Barra da Tijuca. Without a doubt, Daniel saved us a great amount of time going to the tourist spots of Rio and provided us with an excellent tour of Rio. Daniel accomplished in one day what would have taken at least two days if we had attempted this same tour on our own. Daniel speaks very good English and was a pleasure to spend the day with. Without hesitation, we would highly recommend Daniel.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were only in Rio for a few days so in order to make the most of the time we had we decided to book a tour guide for one full day near the start of the trip. A bit of research on Trip Advisor found Daniel and given the number of consistently excellent reviews we didn't feel the need to look any further!

Communication with Daniel was great from the start - he was very quick to respond over email and we easily arranged to meet at 8am in our hotel lobby. On the day of the tour Daniel was there on time, waiting in the lobby with his car parked just outside.

We headed straight up Corcovado to the Christ the Redeemer statue, getting there before 9am which meant it was really quiet with virtually no queues at all. On the route up Daniel was chatty and clearly very knowledgeable about his city and country. On the way back down we drove through the Tijuca forest with a couple of stops at a nice waterfall and the Chinese viewpoint.

Since we had managed to fit in Sugarloaf mountain the previous evening the tour was flexible and we were able to fit in the tram ride to Santa Teresa in the afternoon, following a great lunch at a "por kilo" restaurant in the downtown area - it turned out to be the best of several por kilo places that we ate at during our stay!

Spending the day with Daniel gave us a great overview of Rio and meant we could cover so much more than we would have been able to do alone. I would strongly recommend booking him for a full day if you have limited time in the city (and even if you have longer).

1  Thank James A
See more reviews
Reviewed 12 June 2018

Daniel picked us up at the airport at 1 am and just knowing someone was waiting for us really gave us a good peace of mind. Daniel is engaging and flexible we ended up spending 2 full days running around Rio. You want a referral for surfing, fishing , hang gliding, a certain medicine nothing is too complicated or too challenging. We are a high maintenance family who is very picky and sensitive to annoying guides -- nothing could be further from Daniel he brings and easy going charming can do attitude to everything he'll tell you the history of the government and architecture but not kill you with long lectures unless, i suppose, if thats your thing then he probably can. And he talks mma which my sons and I love. Couldn't ask for anything more or better from a tour guide -- a consummate professional. Highly recommend.