Reviews (1 437)
1 437 results
All reviews domestic airport typical novotel business trip room service convenient location reception staff yogurt brazil rio paulo neighborhood
5 - 10 of 1 437 reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

This isn’t a very luxurious hotel but is fine if you’re travelling on business trip and your office is placed in Downtown area. Normal Restaurant service with a very limited menu but tasteful, rooms are comfortable. For locals travelling from another cities into Brazil they have very close the Santos Dumont Airport with internal flights.
Front Desk attention was very kind.
It’s a recommended place for Business trip.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Dear Rogers R.,

Thank you for sharing your experience about your stay at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont.

Reviewed 11 May 2018

Expensive , nothing included, had problems with the AC as soon as I arrived to my room from a long day s work and had to be moved to another room after two employees came to try to fix the AC. Fairly dissapointed to say the least

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear TFontes2018

we would like to thank you for sharing in detail your experience with us at TripAdvisor.
We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced at your stay. I will address your concerns with the responsible manager and staff to ensure these situations are avoided in the future. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The hotel is in a great location for the central of Rio and also within easy reach of the domestic airport, Santos Dumont (where you will find an excellent steak restaurant).

The hotel itself was very comfortable however there was a damp smell in the room which we reported and nothing was done - the bathroom was internal which is most likely the cause of this. The Wifi also didn't work on floor 2 which we also reported and this wasn't fixed.

The staff were friendly enough however we found that if we needed something the English speaking receptionists made us feel as though we were just an annoyance which I thought was very poor for a chain of this size.

For what we got it was very expensive and the service poor but it was in a great location and the beds were very comfortable. Would recommend this hotel for a stop over only.

Room Tip: Request any floor except 2 due to our wifi difficulties
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Zoey,

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

A very clean and friendly hotel , in a quite area but the bus stop opposite and local cafe around , the staff were very helpful with good English ! Near by is a airport and has a nice view with Sugar Loaf mountain , near the museum

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I would have to present my credit card what I had paid months ago. Without this I couldn't stay on the hotel.
Terrible process.
All of services are OK. The location near the airport is the vantage to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelRJSDU, General Manager at Novotel RJ Santos Dumont, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2017

Dear Aline,

We would like to thank you for sharing in detail your experience with us at TripAdvisor.
We truly appreciate your open and honest feedback about your experience at our hotel. I am very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced with the front desk regarding your check in. I will address your concerns with the responsible manager and staff to ensure these situations are avoided in the future. Your satisfaction and well-being are of most importance to us.

Best regards,