8 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 21/09/29
TravelocityUS$120
Orbitz.comUS$120
CheapTicketsUS$120
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 November 2020 via mobile

I stayed for two days in this hotel. During this time there were sereval issues, some of them quite serious.

The first disappointment was when I got into my room and realized the view I booked and payed for was nowhere to be found. They gave me a low floor room and the view was blocked by an abandoned building next to the hotel. This is not acceptable.

The service was, overall, bad. My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. I've told them so during our check-in and, instead of doing something nice, they gave us a room downgrade. I've never seen anything like it in any hotel I've ever stayed in.

The room didn't even have a TV remote. My wife called and asked for one, but was badly treated by whoever answered the phone. We waited for hours and hours and no one came. They gave us a remote only 5 hours later, after we called and complained again.

The restaurant is shockingly bad. The menu has few options and the food quality is extremely lacking. Breakfast was just ok, not good. It is not 5 stars level.

But all these problems are small compared to the fighting I witnessed during breakfast. And I mean it in the most literal sense possible, with people throwing kicks and punches around. It lasted a while, much more than it should have, as the hotel administration didn't have the common sense to remove the involved parties to different places. They kept escaping the security guards and restarting the fight over and over. In the place were people were trying to have their breakfast. After a while, the police came and took one of them away in handcuffs. I later came to find out he wasn't even a hotel guest. What?!

After this incident, I talked to a person I was told was the supervisor and asked if the people involved would be allowed to stay in the hotel. I told him the reasonable thing: they shouldn't be. He told me so, but he lied to my face.

Every time we crossed paths with the involded, my wife got very ansious and scared. This is not the way to feel in a hotel. We guests do not pay to feel afraid.

The hotel is very lenient with what would be considered unacceptable behavior anywhere else. The next morning we saw people using illegal drugs during breakfast. And they even talked about it. Very loudly.

I watched people (literally) throw food arround. And scream at the hotel staff to make them food. I ask again: what?!

Oh, and another thing. As soon as you arrive at the hotel, they invite you to watch a presentation about another resort of theirs. They will actually try to sell it to you. And you'll spend at least one hour of your precious vacation time telling them no.

The company that runs the hotel (WAM Group) does not care about their guests. They're actually a real estate company, google it. Keep away from this hotel and any other of theirs. You've been warned.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank allanmachado1
Reviewed 16 February 2020

Beautiful hotel with professional staff. Manoela at the Front Desk is a real 5 star employee! She really did go the extra mile to make our stay unforgettable. The view from the room is amazing. You can see the ocean and Pedra de Gávea. Complimentary breakfast is nice as well. The room had Nespresso coffee machine and UHD TV.
Hotel is right in front of the beach and it offers complimentary beach chairs and umbrellas. Sao Conrado beach is safe and less crowded compared to Ipanema or Copacabana. Looking forward staying here in the future again.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Attila K
Reviewed 15 January 2020 via mobile

I often looked at this then closed hotel when staying at the now former InterContinental next door.

I was excited when this hotel reopened last year under the Melia brand but couldn't make it before they had already dropped their affiliation (and I can see why).

The hotel is not fully operational based on a walk on the 30th floor. Hopefully they finish before closing the hotel again.

I booked a superior suite that was ok. Only one trashbin for the entire space?

The AC was really weird. It is like they have a standalone unit for each room and not a central one.

The hotel phones in the suite were cheapest possible crap.

The internet didn't work most of the time and had to tether on the cellphone network to get work done. I guess that the hotel is still in the 1990's.

The view of the beach was nice, however.

The front desk is an utter mess and took half an hour to check in.

The breakfast restaurant is like a nursery. They should put some acustic panels on the wall.

The location next to the biggest favela in Rio likely worries some.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank LoyaltyLobby
Reviewed 15 September 2019

This hotel is spectacular i was there and the sight seen fantastic service wondedrful !Sitting by the looking outside just awesome the service really great and people great Why is it closing=?just love it

Room tip: first line
Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank maria C
Reviewed 13 September 2019

So wonderful it's hard to describe. For one week it was like being in a fantasy world . Will be a main memory of your life to stay here. The service was great, The people were great . I would love to go again.

Room tip: the higher the better
Date of stay: October 2018