3 people are viewing this hotel
US$77
Free cancellation until 21/06/20
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
Reviews (2 560)
2 562 results
1 333
1 333
All reviews rooftop bar christ the redeemer sea view small pool top floor rooms are modern breakfast buffet perfect location overlooking the beach an amazing view felt safe south america copacabana rio internet brazil elevator
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 2 562 reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2020

We have always stayed at the Copacabana Palace, but since it has now become overated and overpriced, decided to spend 12 days at the Arena Hotel. Delighted we made the switch, and found a new "home" in Rio!
Brilliant location for all amenities, and the hotel is spotless, serves a great breakfast (perhapss a small microwave in the area would be of benefit to people who like hot food?), in a restaraunt overlooking the beach. Didnt see any other hotels on the "strip" with this big plus.
Book a Suite if you can, well worth the price difference. They provide great sweeping views, ceiling to floor windows, comfy bed and powerful shower. Pool area also very attractive, and thanks to Matheus there. Also want to thank our brill chamber maid of 905, tall girl and such fun. Whole place very clean. Wifi fast and reliable.
Thanks to all at Reception, particularly Bruno and Felipe in reservations, especially during the "corona" period. ALL the staff handled the difficult situation with great professionalism, a credit to them.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Obrigardo John

Room tip: Book a suite if you can.
1  Thank harrisonford13
Clément I, Gerente geral at Arena Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2020

Thank you so much for staying at our Arena Copacabana Hotel!

Your comments are very important to us and we were delighted to hear that your stay was great and that we met your expectations.

We hope to receive your visit again soon! How about already booking your next stay with us?

Reviewed 18 March 2020

First time in Rio. My childhood dream. In reality - earthly paradise. Telling my friends in US - they don't believe, the never ever imagine place like this. Great, clean white sand beaches, most friendly people on the earth, very safe - walking on the beach until midnight. Nobody ask for money! In Cambridge will ask every 5 min. Food is amazing, plenty restaurants, service is great. Taxi drivers are so polite and knowledgeable. Practically without Brazilian (Portuguese) and little Spanish, we can communicate with people and even make friends. Taxi driver in our ride to Christ the Redeemer even made 20 min lecture about statue and Rio, on mix of Brazilian, Spanish and English.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms are the best, open window, you do not need AC, fresh ocean air in the room. Amazing!
3  Thank SergeyS2158
Clément I, Gerente geral at Arena Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2020

Thank you so much!

Reviewed 16 March 2020

What can I say, I booked a partial beach view and ended up with the beach to my left and Christ the Redeemer to my right, I guess that will do!!!! This place is a wonderful hotel, right in the middle of the beach walk from end to end of the cococabana, I would say, best location, and service, we were completely impressed by Lucas and Matheus, while everyone was great, Lucas and Matheus made our week stay above and beyond, from morning breakfast with Lucas to afternoon drinks by the pool with either Lucas or Matheus. Both speaking English or Spanish with us to help with the language barrier, not just that but, over all very professional, but also friendly and welcoming, when you are at a place for a week, having staff treat you like a friend really makes a difference, we will remember them both for the great service. The hotel rooms are very clean, professional to get work done if you need, have a safe, extra blankets if your husband freezes you like mine, wonderful shampoo and conditioner and kept daily. The breakfast was a huge plus for us, so hearty that we only really ate one other meal a day, if you have no had pineapple from south america - go to Brazil just for that!!! All around just wonderful, the pool was so clean and refreshing, the bar and drinks so tasty, I just cannot say enough. 32 countries 6 continents - I rate this one high.

Room tip: 1202 - beach one side, christ the redeemer on the other!!!
1  Thank louannz2018
Clément I, Gerente geral at Arena Copacabana Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Thank you so much for staying at our Arena Copacabana Hotel!

I will certainly inform Lucas and Matheus of your comments! Our vocation is to welcome our guests in the way that they feel in a house of dear friends and we are extremely happy that their perception of our hotel is exactly that.

Reviewed 15 March 2020

Felt safe security in the foyer lovely roof terrace view of the beach and Christ the redeemer lovely poo
Yes there was only one lift working it was not an issue really
But I would say check your bill we found a smoking charge added they didn’t point it out and we don’t smoke so we were a bit outraged requested second check and it was removed from bill .
It wouldn’t deter me from recommending this hotel though

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank minxypie

Reviewed 14 March 2020

This hotel is located in the heart of Copacabana Beach and just across the street from the beach. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are large, clean and have large bathrooms with a stand alone glass enclosed shower. I had a partial Oceanview room and thought that the view was quite wonderful and the room was very comfortable and pleasant. The maid staff was a delight and very efficient. The breakfast buffet is pretty nice. There’s lots of fresh fruit, various bread rolls, breakfast cakes, little deserts, along with slices of salami, ham, turkey and two cheeses, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage and 4 fresh juices. Very nice. Within a 3 to 7 minute walk from the hotel there’s a large number and variety of restaurants. A large grocery store is only 4 minutes away for inexpensive beverages and snacks. The rooftop pool and bar area is pretty nice, with friendly bar attendants and spectacular views up and down the beach. I would recommend this hotel to my family and all my friends.

Room tip: Partial Ocean or Oceanview - the views are spectacular
2  Thank RickFLL