Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Free cancellation until 21/06/26
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$21
SAVE US$8
HurbUS$23
PricelineUS$29
eDreamsUS$29
All reviews pool and gym lots of fresh fruit beds were comfortable copacabana beach lapa rooftop rio safety
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 October 2020

This hotel is in Lapa! So you are close to many pubs, clubs, tours, and sites.
You are minutes from 2 subway stations and if you want a late-night drink the area is open till very late (5 am, just be careful from the drunk people )
I recall the room was fine from memory, the staff was very helpful and the breakfast was fantastic!
Every morning I would use the gym and go for a quick swim at 7 am in the 30-degree heat!
The view is nothing special, but it was great value for money and I would highly recommend it!
If I visited Rio again, I would want a more beach-based holiday, and I'm certain I could find a similar quality hotel on Leblon with views of the beach, and higher quality nighlife

Date of stay: November 2019
3  Thank Lakhbir S
Reviewed 2 September 2020

Thanks for the great experience at Granada hotel. I really enjoyed myself and was touched by the special attention Bruno (front desk) gave to me. I had a LOT of questions and he patiently answered them and made some good recommendations. Also, this was one of my first times to Brazil and to Rio. I was quite nervous and he made me feel very safe and comfortable. His suggestions for restaurants, activities, and safety were particularly helpful. To my surprise he spoke perfect English without an accent! I don't normally speak about individuals in these reviews, but he really stood out and wanted me to have the best time possible. You are lucky to have him!

The rooms was good (bigger than I expected) and the bed was very comfortable. Very clean and the room smelled divine!

Room tip: You should ask to stay on the top floor with a view of the Cathedral!
Date of stay: August 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank AWorldTravelerGuy
Reviewed 21 February 2020

The hotel is situated in Lapa, when you enter the area first it looks quite dilapidated and unsafe. There are lots of bars and restaurants in the vicinity but they are all very basic, so if you are looking for something better this one is not for you. The room was ok, basic and our room looked out on flats and their backyards. The staff is very helpful. The pool on the rooftop is small but a nice feature. Breakfast was good with lots of fresh fruit, joghurts, cereals, chees and a hot buffet. This hotel was included in our package deal, should we ever go back to Rio we would choose another hotel to stay.

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank sailing5
Reviewed 2 January 2020 via mobile

Wow, what a great hotel. Located near the lapa arches, this hotel is convenient to many famous locations. Minutes away from Copacabana beach, Sugarloaf mountain and many other attractions. There is plenty to do near here. Friday and Saturday nights expect the streets to be lined with people, music, vendors all partying until the crack of dawn. This hotel stays quiet unless you opt to open your window at night. Free breakfast included, a vast variety of breads, fruits, and hot dishes, you surely won’t go out hungry. The beds were comfortable and bathroom clean, however you may need to request housekeeping and replacement towels. The front desk speaks some English but preferably use Português.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank hhhid
Reviewed 10 August 2019

The hotel can best be described as dated, with shabby furniture, stained sheets and curtains.

The bathroom seemed liked a bad Do it yourself job the sealant , tiling etc. We asked for a double bed but were given two singles with no mattress topper so the middle ditched and separated whenever you moved.

We found throughout our stay in South America the the cleaning ,and mini bar staff enter the room without knocking, even when the room has been cleaned and the do not disturb is on the door so always lock your door and put the latch on.

On the upside the staff were good -looking friendly, and the breakfast excellent.

Room tip: For the young and trendy over 60s jet lagged be ware
Date of stay: July 2019