“Great stay with a few problems”
other traveller has booked this property
Aerial View, here we are in Copacabana The Front Door
Aerial View, here we are in Copacabana
The Front Door
The Gourmet Kitchen
The Gourmet Kitchen
Gourmet Kitchen, laptop available for our guests
The Morning Room, night shot
The Dining Room
The Dining Room - Fireplace
Powder Room, first floor
The Library and TV Room
The Library, chess, cards, and some other games are available for our guests
Library Painting
Green Suite Bathroom
Blue Suite Bathroom
The Blue Suite, night shot
The Bali House Bathroom
A big party in the villa
Wedding in the library
The Pool at night time
The wonderful Villa in Rio Staff members
Cabins walkway
Pool side sofa, kitchenette, charcoal grill, microwave, minifridge, water and ice dispenser
The Bali House Sleeping Area, night shot
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Prariedav...
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great stay with a few problems”
Reviewed 19 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

The only reason I rated this 4 instead 5 stars was for a few issues we had ie
arranged dinner for first night was not communicated from the owner to the staff, we had water ( 1/2 inch) on our bathroom floor for a few nights, the pool was out of service for 2 1/2 days, airconditoners leaked water onto belongings
in two rooms.
That being said the owner Michael and staff, especially Adan were extremely helpful with our group and Adan went way beyond his scope of employment to make our first visit to Brazil as good as possible. He even went to the soccer stadium himself to buy tickets for a game we wanted to attend and arranged all our tours for us as well as airport transportation and getting cabs .
The home is very well equipped wih everything you could ever need including rain umbrellas and beach towels. The house had a little too much furniture and plants for our tastes but we could see this was the owners way to create a green enviroment in a concrete city
Even with our minor problems I would recommend this property and would stay there again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: house size and location
Liked least: air conditioner issues
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
19 Sep 2013
1. the owner did communicate dinner arrangements to me but a month in advance and it was my fault that dinner was not the exact menu planned.
We did serve three appetizers (Bolinhos de bacalhau, chicken coxinhas, various pastels), a green salad, shrimp risotto. This was offered as complimentary since it did not include the requested villa hummus and a couple of other items. Sometimes I make a mistake - but we always recognize it and make sure we can compliment the guest.
2. The guest brought it to my attention after the first night - that the a/c was not strong enough in the two cabins. The next day I had a service technician there who recharged them.
This is the first time I had any experience with this and did not realize that there could be leakage for the first hours afterwards – so the dripping was my fault. But any problem I know about receives immediate attention. I wish the tech would have warned me to keep a close eye for hour one after recharge.
3. The pool was never closed - but the filtration system was not working two days. It goes on automatically. There was no problem using the pool however. We have never had to close the pool for even one day. Although after a heavy rain - it sometimes takes til 9am or so to clean the sediments.

I was happy to be of service to the Clark family and it was a pleasure to make all their arrangements. I wanted great soccer seats for them so went myself to choose the sectors.
Thanks for the recommendation and we (including Marcia, Paula, and Jairo) would love to host your family again. We promise we will do it better the next time.

At the villa, I am always there daily to tend to all transportation, tour, shopping, menus, special requests, and anything that happens to go wrong with a piece of equipment. Being such a large house on 4 levels with so many bathrooms and a pool - it is pretty complex at moments. I am here almost two years and rarely does something happen that I am not familiar with - like the recharging of an air conditioner. But I now know.

Many thanks and hope we can receive you and your family someday in the future.
slothmand...
Vila Velha, ES
“Best Place to Stay in Rio”
Reviewed 3 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013

My wife and visit Rio 4-5 times a year. If it is available we always try to stay in the Vila. For us the location is ideal. It is about 4 blocks from the beach on a side street 1 block from the metro station. The fact that is on a side street makes it very quiet, which is a plus especially during weekends which could get loud in Copacabana.

The house is warm and welcoming. The kitchen is fully equipped for anyone who likes to cook. You can also contract a staff to make meals if you want, we never have. The bedrooms are very comfortable and cozy. Our favorite part is the roof deck which has a small pool and a barbeque.

Mike, the owner, and Adan, the caretaker, and all the staff go out of their way to make sure that you have a great stay.

The house is great for large groups or several couples.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location and the comfort of the house
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 10 May 2013 for a stay in February 2011

Luxury-minded travelers
Reviewed 26 April 2013 for a stay in December 2012

Reviewed 15 April 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
;