Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Agoda.com
US$94
eDreamsUS$96
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 December 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely vacation in Rio and Casa Caminho do Corcovado. The B&B is in a nice and green location with a lovely view. Helena and Diego were ever so helpfull, we could not have asked for more. They gave us many good tips what to do and where to visit. They speak excellent english which for us was important.

The Corcovado station is near by, as well as a great vegetarian restaurant Prana. There are busses going from near by, and a taxi station also.

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CasaCaminhoCorcovado, Proprietário at Casa Caminho do Corcovado, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kindly words. Thank you for those days with us. Was very special and we hope see you again someday.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

We stayed in a two bed cottage off from the main building. We were surrounded by living vibrant nature. They have a small arboretum with trees identified by labels identifying them. The breakfast was bountiful with several kinds of tropical fruit, pastries, granola. The sounds were those of a tropical jungle, though it was located on the end of the city as you begin going up Corcovado's (Christ the Redeemer) mountain.

Room tip: The cottage is good for a couple or a small family. It has a commanding view of the city below.
Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear guest,
Thank you so much for your kindly words. Unforgetable days with your presence in Casa Caminho do Corcovado. We hope see you again some day.

Reviewed 11 November 2016

Our room was large and clean with a very nice bathroom. The breakfast was extensive and varied. Madame Helena was very warm and welcoming, guiding us to bus stops, restaurants, etc. The residential neighborhood was quiet and peaceful, a welcome break from the hustle and bustle of the city.
A special attraction were the house and gardens. The house was built for the superintendent of the Corcovado railway, which passes right in front of the house. The extensive grounds are filled with orchids, bromeliads, palms, and many other tropical plants. It's a fantastic miniature botanical garden. A gardener's paradise
A note of caution: The house is located at the end of a very steep street. If you are traveling by cab this is not an issue. If you travel on foot you can call Helena and she will drive down to the bus stop and get you. Otherwise, you can take a taxi the short distance to the house or be prepared for the steep walk. I had to stop a couple of times to get my breath. This is not a reason to not book here. Just be prepared. We recommend taxi driver Leandro (phone 21 96428-7901) who was diligent in helping us find the house and taking us to and from the airport. Speaking of airports, use Santos Dumont (SDU). It's much closer to the house than GRU.

1  Thank David L

Dear David,
Thank you so much for your kindly words.
We loved your presence in Casa Caminho do Corcovado and was a pleasure welcoming you. We hope see you again some day.

Reviewed 9 October 2016

The Place is very good warm and the hosts Helena and Diogo were wonderful hosts.
It overlooks the The Christ on the Corcovodo mountain and is 5 mins walk from the station to corcovodo. The property itself is well maintained and serene.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear VaraPrasad,

Thank you for stayed with us and for your kindly words. You are unforgettable person! We hope welcoming you again some day.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay with Diogo and Helena very much. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Rio (and Brazil), and my stay with them was a wonderful way to start the trip. In fact, part way through my stay in Rio, I moved to another place to try to save money and experience a different neighborhood, but I ended up coming back to their home for the last 2 days of my trip because I missed it!

I stayed in both a room in the house and in the separate bungalow. Both were clean, comfortable, and well maintained. I personally preferred the room, because I liked to spend time in the house, but I do think the bungalow is perfect for those who need a bit more privacy or want their own space. Their home is very lovely and has a beautiful vista of the city. I really enjoyed sitting on the front porch to take it in. It was so peaceful, and before and after my busy days in Rio, it was the perfect place to start and end each day. Their home is tucked away in a more residential area and up a steep hill, but I found it was accessible to the different places I wanted to visit in Rio, and I ended up taking Uber everywhere anyway. Also I liked that it was right next to Corcovado. This is a site you don't want to miss in Rio. I went my first day for sunset (Diogo's suggestion), and it was absolutely incredible.

Diogo and Helena also go the extra mile to help you feel comfortable and welcomed. Diogo picked me up at the airport after an early arrival (cost on their website), and I was able to check-in early and get some rest, which I appreciated very much. They provide a helpful map of Rio, and also had a couple travel guides which I used while planning my stay. Additionally, both Helena and Diogo were very helpful and provided suggestions about things to do in Rio, and Diogo helped me plan the rest of my month-long stay in Brazil. I had a couple late nights in Rio (I am usually in bed early, but Rio has a way of making you want to stay up!), and Diogo was up to let me in each night. Finally, I appreciated them accommodating my last minute request to come back for the end of my trip :)

I absolutely recommend a stay Casa Caminho do Corcovado, and when I return to Rio I will stay with them again!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank aph87

Dear Ana,
Thank you for staying with us and your kindly words. It was special days with your presence here, like a daughter sitting in the armchair doing her research. We love you.