Lowest prices for your stay
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Priceline
Agoda.com
US$94
eDreamsUS$96
StayForLong
ZenHotels.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay with Diogo and Helena very much. I was traveling alone and it was my first time in Rio (and Brazil), and my stay with them was a wonderful way to start the trip. In fact, part way through my stay in Rio, I moved to another place to try to save money and experience a different neighborhood, but I ended up coming back to their home for the last 2 days of my trip because I missed it!

I stayed in both a room in the house and in the separate bungalow. Both were clean, comfortable, and well maintained. I personally preferred the room, because I liked to spend time in the house, but I do think the bungalow is perfect for those who need a bit more privacy or want their own space. Their home is very lovely and has a beautiful vista of the city. I really enjoyed sitting on the front porch to take it in. It was so peaceful, and before and after my busy days in Rio, it was the perfect place to start and end each day. Their home is tucked away in a more residential area and up a steep hill, but I found it was accessible to the different places I wanted to visit in Rio, and I ended up taking Uber everywhere anyway. Also I liked that it was right next to Corcovado. This is a site you don't want to miss in Rio. I went my first day for sunset (Diogo's suggestion), and it was absolutely incredible.

Diogo and Helena also go the extra mile to help you feel comfortable and welcomed. Diogo picked me up at the airport after an early arrival (cost on their website), and I was able to check-in early and get some rest, which I appreciated very much. They provide a helpful map of Rio, and also had a couple travel guides which I used while planning my stay. Additionally, both Helena and Diogo were very helpful and provided suggestions about things to do in Rio, and Diogo helped me plan the rest of my month-long stay in Brazil. I had a couple late nights in Rio (I am usually in bed early, but Rio has a way of making you want to stay up!), and Diogo was up to let me in each night. Finally, I appreciated them accommodating my last minute request to come back for the end of my trip :)

I absolutely recommend a stay Casa Caminho do Corcovado, and when I return to Rio I will stay with them again!

Date of stay: September 2016
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank aph87
CasaCaminhoCorcovado, Proprietário at Casa Caminho do Corcovado, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2017

Dear Ana,
Thank you for staying with us and your kindly words. It was special days with your presence here, like a daughter sitting in the armchair doing her research. We love you.

Reviewed 13 September 2016 via mobile

My 12 year old daughter and I stayed here during the Olympics. Helena and Diogo are gracious, kind, and helpful hosts. They gave us advice and directions during our stay. Breakfast was delightful in their stately home with big windows and gorgeous views.

Cosme Velho is a neighborhood up the hill from the Corcovado / Christ Redeemer train station. We enjoyed the steep climb up and down the hill and chose to have uber drivers pick us up and drop us off at the bottom near the train station. You definitely need to be in good shape to navigate the hill, but the uber drivers would take us up to the top if we asked them to. Uber was the most convenient form of transportation from there to other parts of the city, but public transportation was okay, too. The buses pick up at the base of the hill on a frequent basis. I recommend staying in Cosme Velho to get a more intimate view of life in a nice neighborhood in Rio. It's a quiet retreat inside what's left of the rainforest. It's not necessarily the best place for people looking for the raucous party-side of Rio.

My daughter spent the mornings watching monkeys play in the trees and observing the lovely foliage. She also spent hours reading in one of the big chairs in the front of the house.

We had no safety concerns here during the Olympics. It was safe to walk around at night.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom shower was one of my favorite parts for 2 reasons: it was the best hot water shower that I have experienced in a home (as opposed to a normal commercial hotel) in Brazil, and the window looked out into the yard with the lush plants.

We enjoyed our time and would definitely go back.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Kimberly,
Thank you for your kind words. It was a great pleasure to welcome you & Violet. Till now we have kept the text typed by Violet on the old typewriter in our library. She is so sweet. And you're a lovely person.
We hope see you again some day.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

The approach road is narrow and up a steep hill, but the experience of staying in this family run enterprise is more than worth the effort by car, taxi or on foot of getting there. The attractive and beautifully furnished house, set dramatically amidst delightful terraced gardens into the side of the Corcovado Mountain, on which stands the iconic statue Christo Redentor, has a warmth to it that reflects the personalities of the owners. Even before we arrived Senhora Valença had taken a great deal of trouble to smooth out our plans for our stay and to provide much helpful information. During our stay we could not have felt more comfortable or at home - in fact the experience was more like staying in a friend's house than a commercial activity. Nothing was too much trouble, even the exceptionally late return times to the house occasioned by the Olympic programme. Breakfasts were magnificent and wonderful start to every day. We had a stay of 12 days and at no time did we feel time was dragging or we needed a change of venue. On the contrary we felt so comfortable that we were genuinely sad when the time came to leave. As a footnote it is worth appreciating that one is in the most perfect spot from which to visit the Christo Redentor Statue - one of the musts of a stay in Rio. An early morning start is the best way to get ahead of the crowds that swarm up to this venue and the 5 - 10 minute walk by the short cut downhill, fortified by breakfast, is the perfect way to start a day.

Room tip: We had the Monkey's room on the ground floor, which we found ideal. The house is in a wonderfully quiet environment.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
CasaCaminhoCorcovado, Proprietário at Casa Caminho do Corcovado, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2016

Dear Gordon & Jenny,
Thank you for your comments and share with the next guests your impressions about our place.
Receive you gave us great moments.
Impossible to believe how 12 days went so fast! We hope that some day we can meet you again. Special people are unforgettable.
Fondly,

Reviewed 11 August 2016

We spent 11 nights at Casa Caminho do Corcovado. We stayed in the Toucan Room.

From the moment Diogo greeted us at the airport, to the farewell from Helena the morning we departed, the warmth and hospitality of this mother/son team supported us throughout our entire stay.

The historic home has much character and charm and is well maintained. The location, at the top of the Cosme Velho neighborhood, offers incredible views and the backyard is quite literally a jungle! Helena often goes up into the terraced yard in the morning with fresh fruit to feed the local marmoset and capuchin monkeys. We also saw toucans in the trees, along with numerous other tropical birds.

Continental breakfast, with eggs on request, is served every morning between 8 to 10. Earlier breakfast was also provided with advance notice. Every morning we were served fresh tropical fruits, fresh breads and cakes, juice, coffee and tea.

A few neighborhood restaurants were recommended by Helena, and we can personally recommend Assis (traditional Brasilian) and Mamma Rosa (Italian). There are also grocery stores and banks nearby. And a major bus stop is just down the hill on Rua Cosme Vehlo, adjacent to the Cristo Redentor tram. Uber also works quite well for getting around Rio. The location is central to Centro (downtown), Maracana Stadium, Santa Teresa, Botafogo (Pao de Acucar), the Lagoa, and the beach districts.

Our room had a large bed, ample windows, a small refrigerator, cable television, plenty of closet space, and a spacious bathroom. There's also a ceiling fan and an air conditioning unit. We were able to use the clothes lines outside to dry our laundry, and Helena even washed a load of clothing for us!

We would highly recommend this beautiful home to any of our friends or family, and would gladly stay here again. They helped make our trip to Rio a very memorable one.

1  Thank WanderLust_Mike01
CasaCaminhoCorcovado, Proprietário at Casa Caminho do Corcovado, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2016

Dear Mike,
Thank you so much for your kindly words about us and perfect description to our place.
We enjoy all moments you stay with us. Your period on Casa Caminho do Corcovado will be memorable for us as well. We hope see you again someday.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Stayed one week in the chalet three weeks ago, absolutely fabulous so private with beautiful surroundings. Helena and Diogo were the perfect hosts could not ask for more. This b and b really deserves all the great reviews it has, we left here to stay 2 nights at the infamous Copacabana Palace which was a great experience and Coldplay were staying there as they were playing at the Maracanã so quite a surreal experience, but we would have preferred to be back in Casa Caminho in our chalet somewhere we will never forget.....absolutely perfect! The Palace might have had Coldplay but Casa Caminho has Jesus every night !

Date of stay: April 2016