2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$31
Expedia.comUS$30
PricelineUS$31
TravelocityUS$30
FindHotelUS$51
Orbitz.comUS$30
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 April 2019 via mobile

For this excellent price, this is a super option for Rio: excellent bed (very important to us), excellent shower (heat and pressure), excellent breakfast (quality and variety) included. New, clean and well located (quiet street). The drawbacks are tiny rooms and very poor noise insulation. But bring earplugs and enjoy all the money you saved for exploring the city.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 516BillG
PETIT PALACE RI... R, Departamento de Reservas at Petit Rio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2019

Good afternoon!!!

Thank you for your rating and we are very happy with your satisfaction, we hope you will return soon

Reviewed 23 July 2018

Petit Rio Hotel has everything we need: love comfortable. We spent a great weekend there. And the hotel is very near some good restaurants, museums... We will come back. ASAP. A place to remember is a place to come back. The Petit is Big !!!

Date of stay: October 2017
2  Thank Brazil133
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Hotel petit in Rio de Janeiro is located in the Flamengo area. Hotel is basic but very nice. The hotel employees arranged a baby bed for us in our room. Good location to visit all the touristic places. The metro is on walking distance for an easy connection through the different areas in town.

Our experience with this hotel was very nice

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

the hotel is very well located, the rooms very clean and quiet. I didn't like to pay for parking though, very expensive, but everything else was great! The rooms look exactly like the pictures showed.The staff is very professional and nice.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 July 2017

For this price category (as of this writing, about $50 US per night), this is a very good value hotel. It's very new, very clean. The double room I had was well equipped (but small). Helpful staff (all speaking some English). Very good breakfast. I chose the location for its convenience to transportation. It's close to the metro and buses to all the big sights. Good local restaurants and lots of services nearby. I popped down to the beach one day, but I wasn't in Rio for the beach. I traveled solo, and a woman, and I wasn't worried about safety any more than any other place -- and perhaps less. This is a working class neighborhood - it didn't seem the kind of place where tourists are targeted. My last night in Rio, I spent the evening like the locals do. Drinking and eating and listening to music at the plaza in front of the Lago de Machado metro station. CONS: I have two small criticisms of the hotel. The sheet on the bed was flat, not fitted and was small for the bed. I woke up every morning on a bare mattress because the sheet had slipped around at night. Also, the numbers on the air conditioning unit were so bright, they practically lit up the room. I slept with my eyeshades on.

Date of stay: July 2017