“Excellent Selection of Cool Treats”
Review of Sorvete Italia

Sorvete Italia
Ranked #17 of 171 Dessert in Rio de Janeiro
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Neighbourhood: Copacabana
Reviewed 26 May 2016

I passed by several of these places early on in Rio and never thought to try them until one warm evening when I was contemplating ice-cream. I tried one of their grape (uva) popsicles and was sold. I stopped by for a different treat every night for the rest of my stay. My fave, besides the grape was the chocolate with nuts.

Date of visit: April 2016

Reviewed 30 January 2016

The shop was easy to find and has a wonderful selection of delicious icecream! The staff were very attentive, offered samples to help us make the very difficult decision off what flavours to choose!

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 9 January 2016 via mobile

Very good ice cream in lots of differents taste. We try chocolate cake, pistacio, coco and menthe witch chocolate. Ice cream are light and creamy. We recommend it

Date of visit: January 2016
Reviewed 21 January 2015

Great flavours mainly "tangerina", "manga" and "creme com biscoitos"(cream and cookies). However it's a bit expensive, but it total worth. It's my favourite brazilian ice cream!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 7 October 2014 via mobile

I thoroughly enjoyed my experience here, and will certainly be passing through again before leaving Rio.

It's a 5 minute walk from Copacabana Beach and when we went there it was full of loud kids and a loud dog (maybe me and my buddy are being grumpy old men) but there is no distracting from the quality of the product of offer.

The flavours are rich and you can tell the ice cream was made with care, love too! Try some out and see, the pistachio is a strong recommendation; with nuts in and full of flavour, you won't be disappointed.

I think a distinction should be made that Sorvete serves ice cream, not gelato. And as such you should proceed accordingly. You won't be disappointed either way.

As for some of the complaints about the expense...I found the price reasonable, but then I am converting from GBP. To others it may not be quite so.

Went down great after a days trekking...