4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
Free cancellation until 21/06/25
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$63
SAVE US$17
Expedia.comUS$80
PricelineUS$80
TravelocityUS$80
Reviews (1 124)
1 124 results
All reviews omelette bar good size comfortable bed swimming pool desk balcony rio gym rooftop
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 124 reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2020

This was our second time at this hotel, and yet again we can’t fault it, we had a great time the hotel was clean and tidy, and the staff were friendly and helpful.
A fantastic location away from the more tourist areas of Rio but within easy access to all attractions. Would highly recommend and we will return.

Date of stay: February 2020
Laghetto Hotéis, Outro at Hotel Laghetto Stilo Barra Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2020

Hello, Jim H!

Thank you for describing your experience with us so sweetly.

We are very happy to know that your stay with us was positive and that you would return to our hotel in the next opportunity.

Everything is prepared with great care so that our guests feel comfortable and welcomed as at home.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Hugs,

Rita Lima
Guest Relations!

Reviewed 13 February 2020

I booked the Laghetto mainly for the location (beachfront and quieter than Copa etc) and also because I was able to get a room with a balcony which is not offered by many hotels. The price point was reasonable and generally reviews were good. I'm glad I had the balcony although the noise of the sea and road are a factor and at night I'd have the door closed and ac on. The room was a good size and beds were comfortable, to be very critical I'd say the room was a little tired and could do with updating and the furnishings were basic with minimum storage, a desk with a drawer would have been useful and more drawers for clothes, but overall perfectly comfortable and adequate. A highlight would be the buffet breakfast and I would particularly like to thank a fellow guest from Buenos Aries who kindly translated for me at the omelette bar, I was able to get my 3 fried eggs, sunny side up thanks to her! I never thanked her properly and would love to one day maybe, stvtayler(at)aol.com The staff were generally very helpful and I would stay again.

Room tip: Ocean view rooms have a balcony and I believe carry a premium (not sure if they are larger) but sea and road are noisy
Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank stevent766
laghet2h, Guest Relations at Hotel Laghetto Stilo Barra Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2020

Hello, Steven T!

Thank you for describing your experience with us so sweetly.

Rest assured that we will spare no effort to improve what you have left to be desired.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again soon.

Best regards,

Rita Lima
Guest Relations

Reviewed 11 December 2019 via mobile

My college class had our 35th reunion in this hotel. It’s not a big size hotel so you don’t get lost easily. There is a decent restaurant with good service. A swimming pool but we did not had a chance to use it. It’s is in front of Barra beach so we took a very pleasant stroll . It felt safe.
Rooms are of good size with a safe.
Party room was rooftop with indoor and outdoor spaces, enough to accommodate 100 people comfortably.
Recomende.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank VancouverCarioca
Reviewed 16 July 2019

Excellent service, excellent location! Clean, great staff, Breakfast is awesome with great variety and quality. Beach service was outstanding (chairs, towels, food) I am coming back to this hotel next time in town . Kids had a blast!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laghetto H, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Laghetto Stilo Barra Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2019

Hello gvalen655178!

Thank you for your evaluation, it is very important to us!
We are happy to be part of this whole experience. Our staff is always concerned with offering the best services to our guests.

Hope to see you again!

Hug,

Reviewed 15 July 2019

I've been three times in Brasil in 4 months, and I wanted to try this hotel on the Barra beach. The structure itself is new and well designed, but it's mainly the form. The substance in hotels is made by the rooms, and the service you get while you are there. The rooms (in terms of size, furniture, view) are more or less the same level I had in other hotels in Rio, nothing especially either good or bad to say about it (some unpleasant night noise from the frigo bar). Breakfast buffet was reach but not carefully looked after, so every morning something was finished and not replaced (fruit or pan de queso or coffee). So was the service, generally speaking: I had to ask twice to get a laundry bag, and again twice to have my clean laundry back.
But major point is the daily cleaning: it was poorly made, in my room as well in the common areas (corridors, elevators were often full of sand, since the beach is on the other side of the road.).
So I would not recommend this place.

Room tip: My room was on the side: you still get sea views but you avoid the noice of the road
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Giuseppe C
Laghetto H, Gerente de relações com clientes at Hotel Laghetto Stilo Barra Rio, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2019

Hello Giuseppe!

Thank you for your evaluation and accommodation with us!
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by your stay!

Regarding the noise of the minibar, we forward your report to the hotel maintenance, where will provide improvements in the appliance.
As for breakfast, we pass on your report to the A&B sector, where you will take appropriate steps to improve the organization.
Regarding the service, we forward your case to management, where it will take the appropriate measures to ensure that a situation such as this does not occur again.
Regarding cleanliness, we have already forwarded your assessment to governance, in which you will take appropriate measures to make improvements in the sector.

Hope to see you again!