“A "MUST STOP IN SHOP"!!!”
Review of Lapa e Arte

Lapa e Arte
Ranked #2 of 144 Shopping in Rio de Janeiro
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: We bring a new concept of souvenir shop! We want our visitors to bring home a nice memory from our store. At Lapa e Arte you'll find a wonderful selection o handmade crafted art, Havaianas, and also, you'll have the oportunity to experience a crafted cachaça (Brazilian Rum) tasting, you'll try Brazilian coffee and traditional sweet as a courtesy of the house! Our store is equiped with restrooms for our clients and our atendees speak English and Spanish!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 June 2018

What an awesome surprise, this unique and fun souvenir and Homemade Cachaca store it is! Being an American now living in Rio I've tasted alot of different Cachaca's and by far theirs have been the best offereing a myriad of flavors that would match anyones tastes You can't miss this opportunity to not only purchase but taste many of them! This family owned business treated us just like family and spoke perfect English and we'll be back! A 5 STAR SHOP FOR SURE!

1  Thank Tommy H
"lapa"
"rio"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I typically do not buy souvenirs. Unless I am looking for something very specific to the region, I only browse to see what kind of goofy stuff there is.

Chad surprised me with his English and it was great to be able to have a conversation with someone for the first time in more than a week. After tasting a few different flavors of cachaça, I left with two small bottles.

Drop in even if it is only to say hello and ask for a taste!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Owners used to live in the US. They speak perfect English, and are a lot of fun. They also offered us samples of Cachaca from a local family farm! Highly recommend visiting this place

Reviewed 29 January 2018 via mobile

A cool little souvenir shop, but don't skip the amazing cachaça in the back tasting room. Some of the best I've had! And the staff speaks GREAT English. Come to find out they have family come to where I live back home. Small world! Great people!