7 people are viewing this hotel
TravelocityUS$134
eDreamsUS$142
Reviews (1 063)
1 063 results
All reviews room service rooms are spacious nice hotel an amazing view rio
Selected filters
20 - 25 of 1 063 reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2018

It's a nice and comfortable hotel near the beach or Recreio do Bandeirantes. The room is spacious and has a nice bed. They also offers a beach service. The rooftop pool is beautiful at sunset. The breakfast is correct for the price included in the room

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank SoleMont
Reviewed 2 April 2018

My girlfriend and I have had our trip to Rio booked for over three months now. As we knew we were going to stay at her family's house for the entire trip, we decided to treat ourselves to stay at an apparently good hotel to celebrate our anniversary.
We booked our night directly with the hotel, with all our information: Names, nationalities, phone numbers and e-mail.
When we arrived at the hotel, there were at least 4 members of staff staring at us, and not one greeted or offered to help us with our bags (we had a tired and upset face as we had spent 4 hours in heavy traffic). We said we had been in traffic that long to see if someone would help us with our bags, but nothing.
When we approached the front-desk for check-in the receptionist looked at us, asked us to wait and after that asked if we were there to check-in. Not once did she welcome us. Neither her or the (at least) 4 members of staff staring at us greeted or smiled at us.
When we started the check-in process she asked us for all our personal information again, and complained that she didn't receive information because we booked via a tourism operator (we booked directly via the hotel's reservation phone number on the same day).
During the check-in process she took copies of our passports without our permission, said our phone numbers and room rate and number out-loud, and again, didn't welcome or smiled once. During the reservation via phone-call and also during the check-in process we were informed about what our fare included (break-fast, swimming pool, indoor spa and beach seats and umbrella).
When we got to the hotel room we were happily surprised to see that our 'normal fare' room had a beach-front view (thank you). Unfortunately we started to see flaws including: dirty bed sheets, bath towels dirty with lipstick and what seemed like dry blood in the bathroom near the sink (which could also be dry chocolate milk)...
We called reception and asked for the housekeeping responsible to come see the room. 10 minutes later she hadn't shown up, we called reception again and they asked of us to give them 1 more minute, and so we did. We waited 7 more minutes and no one showed up.
My girlfriend went to the roof top swimming pool and I went to the lobby to try and talk to someone responsible.
I was aided by the maintenance manager, who apologized for the situation and said he would take care of our room.
After I met my girlfriend at the swimming pool we asked the pool-boy for towels. Once again, not once did he smile or greet us. With an angry face the only thing he said was "What room?"
We ordered a Caipirinha and a Margarita. The Caipirinha took 5 minutes to prepare as the Margarita took over 20 minutes (meanwhile, the bartender serve another couple a Margarita and another drink) - is this because they were more wealthy-looking, or older? (The Margarita was not good - had far too much Cointreau, but that was not an issue - the Caipirinha was very good).
During our 'relaxing' pool time, the pool was very dirty, however I received a call from reception apologizing for the dirty room and that they had another room ready for us.
The new room was two floors above the old one, which was in a decent shape - not perfect, but compared to the other dirty room, it was excellent).
When we went for dinner we passed by the lobby - this time we saw people being helped with bags by the staff - why were they helping them but wouldn't help us?
The next morning I woke up at 6h30 to have a run by the beach, passing by the lobby bar, the bartender looked at me with an aggressive face and didn't even say good morning - i did, with no reply. As I passed by the front-office not 1 person noticed me. The same happened on my way back.
We had breakfast at 7h30, so we could relax by the pool at 8h (the hour it was supposed to open). We showed up by the pool at 8h27, and it was still in maintenance (are 10h (from close to open time) not enough to clean the pool?) and we asked the swimming pool bartender what time it opened, and her answer was "in about half-an-hour, at 8h30 (What?!).
As the pool was closed we decided to go to the indoor-spa, to find out that it was closed - for maintenance (the phone reservation staff and the receptionist informed us that our fare included indoor-spa).
We decided to go for a walk by the beach to cool-off.
We were back at 9h30, to find the swimming pool still in cleaning process. Upset, we asked Wellington (staff) what time it would open, as we woke up early early to use the swimming pool. He asked us for a minute and then the pool opened - it was still dirty (not as dirty as the night before).
After we had 10 minutes of relaxing pool time, the pool was already crowded (something we wanted to avoid, by waking up at 6h30...)
When we finally went to check-out, the receptionist said we had to pay 60 something reais - not showing what we were paying. When I asked what we were paying she shoved a paper in our hands, with the Caipirinha and Margarita - the two waters we had that morning were not in the receipt. The lady asked if we had something from the mini-bar, we said no. But we did say she was missing two waters - and again she said "From the mini bar?". Did she not hear us when we said we had nothing from the mini-bar?
When we went to pay we had to state we were paying via debit twice.
Again, not one person smiled or offered to help us with bags.

The staff needs serious training and the hotel needs maintenance urgently.
The only two people who were nice to us were the cleaning lady, who greeted us when we walked to our 1st room, and Wellington, the boy by the pool who was also nice.

The hotel is located perfectly, but without service it's worth nothing..

I have photo's to send by request from the hotel, but won't upload due to respect, as I am an hospitalian myself.

Not the best way to celebrate an anniversary.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The hotel has a minimalist theme and everything is painted white. I’m sure it looked wonderful when first opened but furniture and fittings, not of top quality, are now starting to look a little tired. It could really do with refreshing. Facilities, however, are great. The roof top pool is small but adequate, as is the gym. The jacuzzi did not look that inviting so we never tried it. For non Portuguese speakers commutation with bar and table staff can be a little difficult. Reception staff do speak English.
We had a junior suite with great views over the ocean and a large terrace with sun beds. The hotel is south facing and unfortunately we could not use the terrace as it was too hot as no shade was provided. This is something he hotel needs to address. The bed in the room was enormous and very comfy. The only problem was the sheets were not big enough and were constantly sliding across the bed. The hotel needs to buy sheets that fit. The hotel provides chairs and shades on the sandy beach opposite the hotel where there is a small bar serving drinks and snacks. Breakfast when we were there was very busy but there seemed to be an adequate selection for everyone. All in all it was a good experience in a well positioned hotel by the ocean. However the hotel does need to pay attention to detail if does not want to damage its premium brand.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 369clivel
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

A couple arrived to check in and got 1 key only for 8 nights... on Sunday’s, forget about have your room cleaned before 5pm - even if you call them at 3pm asking for that. Food service is okay, but the staff is really unfriendly asking you to write your full name on the biss - instead of your signature; after all, it should also work for my control. Last but not least, I don’t think they ever heard about “put some chlorine to clean the pool” stuff... it’s safer to get a shower at the 10th floor pool. The view is amazing though.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

The location is really nice the staff at the reception is working hard but even in my case where everything was ordered by the company I needed to fill forms. Staff’s English language skills were OK for a business Hotel not OK. So I left my business card to make sure that the company address appears in the invoice. On boarding took me 25 minutes and I was the only guest arrriving. This is not OK

Date of stay: February 2018