“Great Breakfast, Friendly service!”

San Juan Lanes Bar and Grill
Ranked #24 of 96 Restaurants in Anacortes
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Reviewed 20 August 2017

we were in anchorets for a charter and stopped here for breakfast prior to driving back to SeaTac. Service was fast and friendly and servings were generous and tasty. We would not hesitate to eat here again.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

Have been coming to this place for many years for the fish and chips. They changed owners along the way. The fish and chips remain the same, however, it just the fish that remains good. The 'sides' are not. Frozen fries, runny coleslaw, and I would not eat their potato salad. I just get Fish and green salad. Anyway, other than the fish-n-chips, the other food is just basic cafe food, not remarkable, but filling if you want a basic dinner.
The thing that has become irritating to us is that their service is now very unpredictable. You can tell the wait staff changes over. Sometimes they run very shorthanded, wait times are long even if not busy, and the guys can be downright rude. Last night was one of those nights, if I had not been flat-out hungry I would have walked out within the first 15 minutes due to short-handed and rude staff. There was only 2 tables of customers, and 1 person at the sit-down bar. Yet I waited 20 minutes before having to ask, "Hey can I at least get a menu?"
It got worse, long wait and rudeness. Another local customer sitting near me also commented that the only thing they cook right any more since the changeover is the fish.
That's it. I won't be back unless I get an unquenchable craving for their fish that overrides my disdain for the downhill status of their service Sad.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

every time I come here the service and food has never let me down, ALWAYS GOOD.

the price is fair so keep this place in mind for family or friends.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

We went on a recommendation for fish and chips. Ordered the medium size plate which had 2 piece of fish. It looked just like the plate they have pictured on their web site.
I rated it average because the fish was good but the frozen out of the bag french fries we not great and the slaw tasted and looked like your typical food service slaw. Served with one slice of texas toast. Definitely nothing to write home about and the price for 2 plate costing us over 26.00. For that price I feel we could have gotten a much nicer meal elsewhere.
I do have to say that the waitress was very attentive and appreciated the nice friendly service.

Reviewed 15 April 2017

Came here for dinner on the recommendation of a person at our motel, who said it was the best food in town. It's only the second place I've eaten in Anacortes, but it was the best fish I've had in ages!! My sister had the fish and chips...fresh, juicy, just the right amount of breading and a substantial serving. I had pan-fried cod...delicious!! and also ample serving. The baked potato with all the fixings would have been a meal in itself! An added drink, chips and guacamole dip gave us more than we could eat and a long, pleasant dinner. The service was great, as good as the meal! Highly recommend, and I will come again on next trip to the ferry.