“If you're a fan, then make the stop.”

Kurt Cobain Memorial Park
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My family was on our way to Olympic National Park and were passing through Aberdeen. It seemed like we had to stop and pay tribute to Kurt Cobain. This park is very small and a bit hokey. But somehow it worked. You could really picture Kurt hanging out under this bridge in his youth and it felt right. I'm glad we went. Both my husband and I are in our 40s and dragged our 12 year old son (who has no idea who Kurt Cobain is) here. We don't regret it.

3  Thank PatioVT
in 16 reviews
"sign"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 17 June 2018

As an avid Nirvana fan I spent a few hours touring around this very interesting city and most of the sites linked to Kurt Cobain and the beginning of Nirvana. His childhood home, the Young Street bridge/memorial park and even the Aberdeen 'Come As You Are' sign are now checked off my bucket list. He was an important part of the shift in rock music during the early nineties - and while his life was somewhat sad and very complicated, he should be remembered as more than just a junkie - music (and art) lost someone who gave a different perspective on both and it seems many people really liked it

3  Thank Donnalit111
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I was born and raised myself in Aberdeen, WA so it was nice to return for a visit and see this park set up as a memorial to Kurt Cobain. I did not personally know Kurt but I did go to school and was friends with his sister Kim. Any fan of Nirvana or native of the Aberdeen area should pay a visit to this park.

1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Directions are incorrect on TripAdvisor
It’s before crossing the bridge and you park on a side street
Love Nirvana and kinda cool to see

1  Thank Kathy H
See more reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2018

If you love Nirvana and want to honor Kurt Cobain, this Memorial is a must see. Visiting his hometown really put some of his music, and his troubled life, in perspective. The Memorial is really in need of some vision and upkeep, but it seems in an odd way to fit the neglect he must have felt during his childhood. I am not sure if most people really appreciate his significant contribution to music--but for those how do, Aberdeen, WA is a stop that won't soon be forgotten. (Traveler tip...if you require luxury and exemplary food, sleep and eat in Portland before you trek to this small town). We found it looking absolutely impoverished, but it truly is a slice of Americana so we enjoyed it despite it's shoddy appearance. And it gives you a sense of Kurt's world--which a true fan will appreciate.

6  Thank N6454VLlaura