All reviews pizza hut indoor pool kings dominion waffles room was spacious theme park sausage new york gas station breakfast area refrigerator and microwave staff was very friendly definitely stay here again front desk clerk minute drive one night stay waffle maker
Reviewed 7 June 2018

My son and I were driving from New York to North Carolina and our 1 year old was tired. We figured out later that she had another issue but it was good that we stopped. The hotel price was excellent and even better because I was able to use my AARP discount. The room was spacious, my granddaughter had a lot of room to move around. There was a living area , two nice size beds, microwave and refrigerator which was important when traveling with a young child. Breakfast was good, the place was really clean and inviting, good for a family visit. Shavon at the front desk was very helpful with guiding us to stores for diapers and other kids needs. The crib provided was very clean and nice with bumpers around the perimeter. We had a crib at another high price hotel in New York (I flew in a day early) and it was subpar and no bumpers.
This was really an excellent experience

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank dcanty52
Mary W, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your room and that Shavon was able to assist you as needed! We hope you choose us again on your next stop in Ashland!

Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

Having stayed mostly in Holiday Inns and Hampton Inns, we found the Sleep Inn and Suites to be a qualified competitor.
This was our second time staying at a Sleep Inn and we found the same standard that we had enjoyed in Asheville NC.
Rooms were comfortable, breakfast was filling but more importantly the staff was professional, friendly knowledgeable. Shavon checked us in late and was courteous and friendly.
Great customer service that will have us choosing Sleep Inn next time we travel

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2018

Traveling North we stopped for a good night's rest and had one. The 2 young women at the desk were very helpful describing the 2 different types of rooms that were available. We chose the suite which was very spacious. It had a full size couch and a comfortable chair. As we stopped around 3P the extra space was nice to sit around and relax before we went out to dinner. There was an arch type wall with separated this area from the king sized bed and desk. The room and bathroom were very clean and we had a quiet night's sleep. We did not stay for the breakfast as we had to be on the road very early. There was always coffee and tea available in the lobby. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2018

My husband and I went away for the weekend, so we found this place by chance and we were very happy with it. The room was wonderful. Very big, comfy and clean. The breakfast was good. Good selection. Every one that we encountered from the front desk to the staff that was setting up the breakfast was very courteous, nice and welcoming. I will definitely go here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathy73k
Reviewed 7 April 2018

The best thing about this property was the room because it doesn't have those shower "capsules" that you find in many Sleep Inns. It was a full-size bathroom. The room was clean and comfortable. The front desk staff didn't do a great job with check-in as far as being friendly or even smiling really. The breakfast was small and one of those places where they will lock the breakfast door on you without batting an eye. I watched it happen. I know you have to keep to some kind of schedule but it's probably better to just start putting foods away and leaving things people can grab and go, like yogurts or fruit out for late-comers. Don't have to be rude about it. Remember, these are your guests. Parking lot was a little darker than I would want at night. Housekeeping staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Elevator was slow so first floor might be good if you can get it.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple