“Excellent afternoon stop”

Industrial Taphouse
Ranked #14 of 99 Restaurants in Ashland
Description: Industrial Taphouse is a Southern American Restaurant & Family Restaurant located in Ashland, VA. We offer Burgers, American Food, Chicken and Waffles, Brunch, Craft Beer, Local Beer, Take Out Food, Catering, Online Food Ordering, Patio Dining, Full Bar, Live Music & much more. At Industrial Taphouse we strive to use locally-sourced ingredients, prepare scratch-made dishes, and provide gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian options in a family-friendly atmosphere. Come see us at our Restaurant today!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were staying in a nearby campground and stopped in on a late afternoon - after lunch and before dinner so it was pretty quiet. We sat at the bar and had a great bartender / server. Very friendly and outgoing. He made a good recommendation for a local beer for me and served up my wife's "Moscow Mule" ice cold in the proper copper cup. We ordered the pretzel appetizer and it was huge! I was going to upload a picture with it circling my face - but the picture above serves the main purpose without having to suffer my "mug"! I saw another comment where they weren't impressed with their server - I assume they sat at a table in the dining room. However I did notice as we first walked in two teenage server girls who looked to be more engaged with their phones than people coming in - perhaps something to fix right away!? Anyway - we enjoyed it and would go back if in the area.

Sarah C, Owner at Industrial Taphouse, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit and we definitely appreciate the feedback! Come visit us again soon!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I only give out 5-Star reviews if a place is excellent and distinguishes itself from others. Too many five star reviews diminishes the value of the review. That said, this place is close to 5-stars but not quite.

First, the great things. The pretzel. Get the pretzel and cheese. It might be the greatest pretzel I have ever eaten. That is not an exaggeration.

This is an open place where you are not crammed next to 10 other people and the music or people are so loud that you cannot even think straight. If you have been to the other local place you know what I am talking about.

The burgers are well crafted and very good. They have a limited menu here, but what they serve is very good.

Beer selection is very good. You should have no problem finding a beer to liking unless you are an ultimate beer snob.

Now, why it’s 4 stars. They need to up the AC. I guess they rent the space, but the HVAC after the remodel is having keeping up on the hottest of summer days. If it’s not mid-90s, I’m sure it will be fine, but it’s something to keep in mind.

This is a very good place that is worth multiple visits.

Thank you so much for your kind words! So glad that you enjoyed your food and the atmosphere (minus the ac, of course!). The ac has been an ongoing challenge since the 1st hot Virginia day but we hope to have resolved the last of our ac issues just a couple of days ago so please come back and see us soon :) Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Was excited to try and had heard good things. But our experience was not so good. Our server did not act like she was on the same page as us. First off, we never received a beer/wine list....it is a taphouse and features many beers. I ordered the potato soup as an app and ordered the onion and cheese to be added. I received it without a spoon and none of the additional toppings. She couldn't believe that the soup was served without a spoon... her words "That is just common sense"....strange comments. She took my daughter's order, which was a hamburger with no cheese and ketchup. The server came back to ask if she wanted lettuce and tomato and my daughter said no, just ketchup. She came back a second time and asked her what kind of cheese she wanted and she, again, told her no cheese, just ketchup. The server said "well the ketchup is on the table, so you can put that on yourself"....not scoring points at all with us. I ordered the shrimp and grits, which were ok, but not very hot.

As we were sitting there, I noticed that the manager/owner was speaking to another table about their disappointment with something. I don't know what it was specifically, but they did not appear happy.

Overall, our experience was disappointing. They took over a previous restaurant space and didn't really change a lot about it and have been open for a few months, but one would think the customer service would be likeable enough to come back. Their menu is very limited as well. Not much variety. Most likely, we will not be returning, which is a shame because it is a local business and I am all about supporting our community, but this was not my cup of tea.

Thank you so much for your feedback! I am so sorry that you had a less than satisfactory experience! What you described is definitely not to our service standards. We appreciate you letting us know so that we can work to correct it. Since we recently opened, we are still working to find the right staff for our restaurant so it is very important for us to know when things like this happen.

I also apologize that your shrimp & grits were not hot. Just let us know while you are dining with us and we are always happy to correct!

We almost completely renovated the space and are a brand new, family-owned restaurant. We are adding new items & specials to the menu weekly and hope to have a new printed version soon :) I hope that you will give us another try! Our local supporters mean so much to us! Thank you again for your feedback!

Reviewed 13 May 2018

We used to go to O'Banks every few months but they started slacking in food and service. So glad that Industrial Taphouse replaced!
Had the pretzel and beer cheese, very good. Both burgers we ordered were fantastic, juicy and were hand patted. Wonderful server, very attentive!

1  Thank KatnVA
Reviewed 12 May 2018

Thrilled to have the Industrial Taphouse in the local lineup! They have happy hour every day, though their beer prices are a little on the high side. I highly recommend the pretzel to start, and the Cheesesteak could be the best in town. The pretzels come with a beer cheese that will be awesome with your fries later too! This is a great spot for an interstate stop and usually filled with locals from the hood.

1  Thank Eddie B

Been to Industrial Taphouse? Share your experiences!