“Comfort Food & Friendly Service on an Open Patio”

The Celtic House Irish Pub & Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 945 Restaurants in Arlington
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Irish, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner
Description: The Celtic House Irish Pub & Restaurant is the #1 Best Authentic Irish Pub and Restaurant in Arlington VA, Clarendon VA, Pentagon City VA, Crystal City VA and Washington D.C. We are the Premier taste of the town for Irish Cuisine and Drink according to the Real Google Search Engines, Specializing in Great Irish Food and Drinks, Great atmosphere and a friendly Staff. We aim to bring our journey back to the home of hospitality. With over 100 years of experience in the hospitality sector, both in the US and Ireland, between the Celtic House partners, we have no doubt that your time spent in our establishment will be truly memorable. The pub boasts a signature handmade solid oak bar, carrying a wide variety of Irish Whiskeys, Bourbons, Scotch's and more. The warm friendly environment carries through from the pub to the cozy restaurant which serves traditional Irish fare coupled with great land and sea entrees, complimented with tasty appetizers and delightful deserts.
Reviewed 20 February 2018

The weather services had been predicting this amazing period of warm weather for at least a week, and this was one of the few restaurants on Columbia Pike to take notice. They welcomed me (and my dog) to dine on the patio. Tuesday night the special is pie and a pint for $14. Creamy seafood filling with a puff pastry (Shepherd's pie and chicken pot pie are also options), and the house wine is not a bad chardonnay.

Wonderful find for our first chance to dine outdoors this year.

Reviewed 3 February 2018

My husband chose this restaurant and I was skeptical, to say the least. That night the restaurant was on the quiet side and everyone seemed to be there to enjoy the food. Our two dishes came out blasting hot and filled with incredible flavor. My pot pie was topped with the lightest pastry and the filling underneath beyond compare. I got a tiny sampling of my husband's beef stew and when I asked for another taste, the answer was no. I highly recommend this establishment, especially if it is a quiet game night.

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for lunch today. It was nice to find easy parking directly in front of the restaurant. The restaurant has a great pub atmosphere, and wasn’t crowded at all. Plenty of empty seating, tables, booths and bar space open. Never saw anyone tending the bar. The waitress was pleasant but it was awkward in that she would ask questions and not wait for the answer. “More water?” ...and walk away sort of thing.

I had the Celtic Fish sandwich which I enjoyed very much. The fish was perfect, tartar was VERY good, and cole slaw was above average. I would have preferred the fries less crisp.

All in all, I’d return for the food, and drink enough that I stopped caring about the indifferent waitress.

Don’t forget to get a punch card for a free lunch!

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

Nice neighborhood feeling. Lively at the bar, usually with a soccer (er, “football”) game going on the TVs. Quieter on the restaurant side. Really eclectic crowd: families, singles, couples. The Irish owners always come by the table to see how you’re doing and remember you if you come a few times. Food is good and homemade: lamb stew, lamb sliders, seafood chowder and fish and chips are some of our favorites. Good Irish breakfast. Place is dark (brown walls and black ceiling) which makes it more appealing to me in cold weather.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

We had a late lunch at the Celtic House and it was fantastic. My husband said their bangers and mash was one of the best he ever had.