“Won't be back.”
Review of Champps Americana

Champps Americana
Reserve with OpenTable
Champps Americana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #289 of 958 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American
Description: 703-414-3601
Description: 703-414-3601
Reviewed 9 April 2018

Staff was SUPER nice. But that is where it ended. It was fairly quiet, but took us at least 20 mins after ordering our first drinks to get them. We just got appetizers (nachos and pretzel bits), and they were not good at all. There were three of us, and none of us enjoyed the food. The atmosphere seemed like it would be fun, but after the service and poor food, we left with no plans to return.

1  Thank Vicki T

Reviewed 21 January 2018

I went with a buddy to watch the UFC fight. What started out okay ended up being the most frustrating restaurant experience I have ever encountered. Twice, our waitress disappeared for no less than 30 minutes---no water refills, no drink orders, no food orders, no sightings of our waitress. She was the worst waitress I have ever had.

My hamburger tasted pretty good, but on my penultimate bite, I pulled a hair out of my mouth. I would have complained to the waitress or a manager, but there wasn't one to be found. After finally searching for my waitress to get our bill, I found her behind a column doing who knows what. I just wanted to get out of that place so I didn't even mention the hair.

Additionally, I witnessed another waitress scream at a manager at the top of her lungs and run behind the kitchen, to where I assume my waitress also was located.

I can go on and on about how poor my experience was at Champps. I have never in my life left a restaurant without tipping the staff, so this was a first for me. I cannot recommend this place and I will not be going back.

1  Thank 473ryang
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

Went today for lunch. Easy seating, not crowded at all. Nothing terribly unique about this restaurant. The menu recently changed to include God-awful potato chips with nearly everything it seems. We were lucky and the waitress was quick to swap out French fries instead once she realized how disgusted we were with the idea of potato chips. Unfortunately the fries were over cooked and a hollow, greasy shell of the lovely potato they once were.

My friend and I both had an avocado wrap which was nice, albeit average.

Our waitress was smiling and nice.

The beer was a touch overpriced, but there was a nice selection with a lot of variety.

The manager stopped by to say hello, which was thoughtful.

There is free parking here. There are meters, but each meter has a button to receive one free hour of parking.

Daily happy hour specials are available.

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Stopped in here for an afternoon snack / dessert. The food was good / ok, but the service was far from great. Had to wrangle the waiter on several occasions for water / refills and the food came out at odd intervals.

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We ate here Christmas night because it was the only place open. There was a limited menu but that was no big deal.

My wife and son both ordered hot tea with cream. We had to ask the server 3 times for the cream! My chicken tenders were dry and stringy. My wife's burger was by no means hot.

I do realize that it was Christmas night and they had a skeleton crew, but that's no excuse for poor service and bad food.

We won't be back.

Been to Champps Americana? Share your experiences!