“Some easy fixes would make a big difference”
Review of Bayou Bakery

Bayou Bakery
Ranked #23 of 959 Restaurants in Arlington
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The Beignets are delicious. There is non-dairy milk available for coffee and decaf coffee is served. Here are the problems that we encountered that could be managed. 1. There was excessive powdered sugar on the beignets; about 1/2 inch of it was on top and it got all over everything on the table. 2. The cleanliness and messiness needs to be better organized. 3. One diner asked for a vegetarian muffuletta and was refused. He wanted the same sandwich but without the meat. A vegetarian muffuletta should be available.
I would not exclude going back for another visit.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

A cross between a fast food and sit down place. The food is fresh and you can get unusual plates here. Creole and comfort food or have some gumbo. Breakfast is good too.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

Small but cozy location - had their daily special quiche and made to order beignets as a late lunch the first day after I got off the metro and checked into the hotel. I liked those so much I took a work friend back there the next day. I got a different daily special quiche, also great, and my friend got an Andouille sausage sandwich with a coleslaw topping and said it was appropriately spicy and delicious. We also tried the deviled eggs and pimento cheese spread, a favorite, both of which were tasty. They have a free water station if you don't want to buy a drink. The Dat-O cookie is huge - the one I got was a little dry to me but that might be they way they are done. Overall a great eating experience.

Reviewed 7 May 2018

We had read about this place but didn't realize how close it was to our hotel. While walking around and getting acquainted with the area we came across it and decided to have coffee and beignets. Very good.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed nearby and went here twice for breakfast. They have strong coffee, great location, and beignets!:) What a treat:)