All reviews crystal city full kitchen train tracks free shuttle reagan airport metro shuttle free breakfast harris teeter studio suite shuttle service street parking the breakfast area parking fee bed was very comfortable very nice hotel the hotel offers fitness center
Reviewed 17 October 2018

This is a typical Residence Inn (and I mean that positively), with spacious rooms and good breakfast that is included. Location in Crystal City is good - and has a shuttle that runs regularly to both the Metro stop and DCA airport. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's also a great place for joggers; you can easily go up Crystal Drive and then the Longbridge Park.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Terrence D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Capital View, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

We're delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View Hotel. Please consider us again for another stay whenever you're heading back to the DC area. We really appreciate your business.

Reviewed 14 October 2018

A large group of us were here on business because another hotel was sold out. Three of us riding together did early check in the day before and made the hotel our first stop when we got in town because one friend was breastfeeding and needed to pump. We got there at noon and none of the three rooms were available. The hotel staff said there were no rooms available for her to pump in and suggested using the public restroom in the hotel (which had no outlets, so it wasn't possible). We decided we'd just go to our office building and try to find an empty office to use, so we left our bags behind the desk. The associate behind the desk asked if wanted the first available rooms or if we'd prefer to be in rooms on the same floor, near each other. Because we had a meeting to attend and wouldn't be able to return to the hotel until after 5pm, we said we'd prefer to have rooms on the same floor.

As we were leaving to return to the parking garage, I realized I'd better check with the friend who was driving and see if she had a parking pass. As it turned out, while two of us had associates ask us if we needed passes to try to be helpful, the friend who drove did not. So we had to return immediately to the desk. When we walked back up, the associate who waited on my friend looked at her like she was a stranger (I get it, tons of people come through there, but we hadn't even walked out the door and had clearly befuddled the staff when asking for a space to breastfeed, so you'd think we would stand out a bit). He told her she needed to have a room to get a parking pass. She explained she JUST tried to check in (with him!), but wasn't able to and he acted surprised and frustrated and leery of giving her one (again, we were JUST there).

When we returned to the hotel after 5pm, we found that we didn't actually get rooms next to each other like the associate indicated. One of us was going to be on another floor. We asked if it was possible to be on the same floor (it wasn't really a big deal, but they had offered it, so we thought we'd check). She took about 5 minutes of clicking around, awkwardly not speaking to us, then finally said it would be possible. When she went to confirm (for the fourth time), the name of the friend who would be moving, she said "well just so you know, this room is a suite, so you'll be paying XX more dollars." We were staying on a government rate and never said we would pay MORE for a room, we just asked if it was possible. So yet again, the associate was annoyed with us for not wanting to pay for a suite, and switched the room back to the original. The checking in process took about 25 minutes for three of us.

When getting to the room, it was very clean, but I had no luggage rack and later found I had no conditioner in the shower. We were all happy to leave and no one in our group is going to book there again on our quarterly stays in the area (they all had their own issues I assume they will review on their own).

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Terrence D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Capital View, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2018

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. I apologize for the guest service issues you experienced during your check-in process and I've met with the appropriate department to discuss your concerns.

Every effort is made to accommodate guest's requests (early check-in, rooms on the same floor, etc.) and when this is not possible, it should be clearly communicated to our guests. I'm sorry that this was not the case during your stay.

On behalf of the entire hotel team, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will reconsider and come back to stay at the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View on your next visit to Arlington so that we can deliver on the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

If you are gum lover, this has the best gym I've been to at a hotel yet. Clean, excellent interactive equipment and much to choose from. Super friendly staff, great breakfast, very clean spacious room, comfy bed and very close location to Washington Reagan airport.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay with us. We're delighted that we met your expectations during your stay and that you enjoyed everything that our hotel had to offer.

We hope you'll think of us again for another stay whenever your travel plans bring you back to the DC metro area so that we can extend our customer service to you once again.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Cameron, Sam and Kalique were the best in making my trip a huge success. Their professionalism, knowledge and advice was extremely helpful!!! Thank you!!

This hotel is a great location to get around the DC area quickly. Centrally located, easy to use as your base while visiting the area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Terrence D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Capital View, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2018

Thank you for selecting the Residence Inn Arlington Capital View for your recent stay and for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit. I've shared your comments with our entire team as we continue to motivate our staff to provide the best customer service to our valued guests.

We hope that you will consider us again for another stay the next time your travel plans include the DC metro area. We'd love the opportunity to extend our services to you once again!

Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Here on business so had no choice on the location which is very convenient to Reagan but not so convenient to the city. Hotel shuttles are provided to the airport, the Metro, and restaurants allabout a mile away but the shuttles were a little unpredictable. Other than that the hotel/room was clean, the room was quiet and the staff very courteous and helpful. I especially liked that one woman at the reception desk was kind enough to offer me late checkout, without me asking, when she heard my airport shuttle was not arriving until 1.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Terrence D, General Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Arlington Capital View, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2018

Thank you for staying with us and for providing your valuable feedback. I'm sorry that you experienced issues with the shuttle service and I've met with the appropriate team to address your concerns mentioned in your review.

I hope that you'll think of us again for another stay whenever your travel plans bring you back to the area. We look forward to providing you the enjoyable stay that you deserve!