“Never Delivered Order & Not Responsive”

Zen Bistro and Wine Bar
Ranked #242 of 992 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Bar, Wine Bar
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 2 March 2018

DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!! I waited over two hours for my food and it never arrived. The restaurant did not pick up when I called to inquire about my order. I thought 3.5 stars was good enough, but I failed to check recent reviews as this seems to be a repeat offense. Absolutely awful experience.

1  Thank Amelia Mae W

Reviewed 1 January 2018

Met my wife there for a quick bite after a happy hour at a neighboring bar. Food selection was excellent, quickly prepared, and service was very polite. Would go back in a second.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

I travel solo quite frequently and this place made me feel right at home. There are some cool cocktails on the menu and food choices abound (especially if you're vegetarian). I loved sitting in the back of the house on a couch, relaxing, and had a nice surprise later in the week when there was live music.

Melvin was wonderful, his service great, his smile warm.

I had the vegetable/tofu penang one night and veggie/tofu lo mein another. The penang had just the right amount of spice to be tasty but not overbearing. The lo mein was tasty had just the right touch of soy sauce; I didn't feel like I was going to bloat the following day.

Thanks Zen (GARDEN) Bistro and Wine Bar and thanks Melvin!

One other thing, don't bother with the chocolate lava cake - it's not the best thing on the menu.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

I used to live in the area and make Zen one of my sushi stops when I'm back in town. Creative and tasty rolls, friendly service and a good bar.

Atmosphere can be a little dead, but come for them sushi- it's worth it

Reviewed 17 September 2016

This is a relaxing place in the courtyard next to the main mall at Pentagon City where to rest and have lunch or dinner- The place is very quiet. The menu is offering both standard comfort food and the sushi/sashimi average preparations. I tried the duck that was acceptable. Service is really very good anf the kitchen is open until 11pm on some nights. Notwithstanding the name, this place offers a limited number of wines and of average quality. Therefore, if you are coming here for the wines, this place may not be the right one.