All reviews french doors the club lounge harris teeter king street old town royal restaurant trader joes pocket door braddock road airport shuttle nice suite living room wet bar across the street front desk staff suite hotel pool and hot tub
Reviewed 2 November 2018

I've stayed here a number of times, solely for convenience. It's super close to the airport and within walking distance to some fabulous restaurants in Old Town Alexandria. The restaurant/bar are also convenient if you don't want to leave the hotel after a long day of travel. The rooms are clean but the furniture and carpets are threadbare. It's seen better days, for sure, and could use a wholesale refresh.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators as it's a busy hotel and it can be noisy at night.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank JuliaRosien
TanayG25, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2018

Hi JuliaRosien,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Old Town Alexandria for your stay. I am saddened to hear that the current condition of our property did not meet your expectations. I am pleased to announce that we are in the final phase of planning a full top to bottom renovation of our suites and common areas. These modern changes will be sure to elevate the guest experience so we can continue to create memories for valued guest like yourself.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.We hope to be of service again whenever your travels bring you back to the Old Town area.

Reviewed 26 October 2018 via mobile

Pros:
* Nice, clean suites
* Nice, hot breakfast: Great eggs, bacon, oatmeal, potatoes and more.
* Airport shuttle to and from Reagan National
* GREAT location: Walking distance to many restaurants, supermarket, etc.

Cons:
* Had a live bed-buggish thing stuck on the ironing board
* In the midst of some construction; had to keep curtains closed all the time

Would I go again? Definitely. Actually, it’s my third time.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2018

Booked this hotel to attend a private yacht party that departed from the national harbor. This hotel was 200% less expensive than the 3 star hotels at the national harbor!! And the room was much larger than a standard hotel room. Location was a 10 min ride to the harbor which was great before and after! The suite is a true suite with a wet bar in the living room which was a pleasant surprise. Check-in was easy and the gentleman at the front desk was courteous. He provided us with parking options. The garage is pricey however street parking is available directly on the side of the hotel. Car was safe! and depending on your room you can see the street. You can catch a ferry across from the Alexandria Harbor to the National Harbor which makes the trip that much more fun.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

You know it’s bad when you feel the need to write a TA review at 12:30am upon arrival after a 4 hour drive!

Travelled here with my wife and baby...

Where do I even begin...I’ll start with the musty dank smell which you get a little whiff of in the lobby (but I think they may cover it up with some kind of perfumed aroma). When we got to the room the real smell hits you like a ton of bricks (a combination of old musty carpet, bleach and possibly urine — I kid you not!). It smelled like an old beachside motel...

This place is run down from the rickety old elevators, to the old school decor, to the non-secured/broken-gated parking garage (that costs $32 per night mind you). Also the room AC was freezing cold and could not be adjusted despite there being a control panel on the wall (so we just shut if off).

We requested a crib in our room (which they provided) and we were told we were “upgraded” to a top floor “club room”. When we got on the elevator after checking in, we saw a big sign that advised that from September 2018 to Feb 2019 there would be daily work on the roof between the hours of 8a and 5p. You’d think anyone at the front desk would’ve put two and two together to say “maybe we shouldn’t put a guest with a baby in a room on the top floor but maybe I’m overthinking it!

I could go on, but in the interest of sleep I’m going to cut it short. Just do yourself a favor and read some of the other “terrible” reviews of this hellhole (especially the ones that mention roaches) and then stay elsewhere. Sadly so many Sheraton hotels across the country are old relics in desperate need of massive renovations. This pile of bricks in Old Town Alexandria is another absolute DUMP! Way to go Sheraton!

Trip type: Travelled with family
TanayG25, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Hi BiggFoot2014,

Thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria for your travel needs and providing us with some feedback.

We are saddened to hear that our current hotel accommodations and conditions did not meet your expectations. I am pleased to announce we are in the process of undergoing a top to bottom renovation, and will be delighted to welcome your family as well as yourself back in the near future. These changes will be sure to elevate the guest experience so we can continue to create memories with our valued members like yourself.

Once again thank you for your valued, we hope to see you again soon should your travels bring you back to the Old Town area so we may show you this experience was the exception and not the norm at our property.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

Hotel has ongoing roof work. My room was literally looking at the work. Complained twice that it was disruptive. Told they had signs up warning about it. The signs say that you have to keep your curtains closed so the workers can't see you. A hot mess. I am a business traveler and have extensive hotel experience. Avoid this one until the roof is done or they care about the disruption to your stay.

Room tip: Stay away from anything near a roof!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TanayG25, Front Office Manager at Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2018

Dear Roam8961,

Whether you were traveling for business or pleasure, thank you for choosing the Sheraton Suites Old Town Alexandria to accommodate your travel needs.

Our hope is that all our guests experience a peaceful environment during their stay. That said I am saddened to hear your stay was interrupted by the outside construction taking place at our property. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to work with our team to ensure our ongoing renovations cause as little guest impact as possible.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we look forward to serving you again whenever your travels bring you back to Alexandria.