“Suggestion”

Ranked #5 of 98 Restaurants in Abingdon
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We were terribly disappointed at lunch today. Our wait before receiving our food was over 40 minutes. After waiting about 30 minutes we asked what the problem was, and were told that they had a group of 25 in and they had just finished serving them. Evidently they had not staffed properly for this large group whom I feel certain would have had a reservation ahead of time. Be that as it may, it would have been nice if they had accommodated all the people who had such a long wait in some way-perhaps a bread basket or some kind of nibbles to help pass the time. At the very least, they could have let us know there would be a delay. The young ladies at the table next to us had to leave without even eating their food.

I have always enjoyed eating in this restaurant and often bring friends to eat here, I enjoy their food and the ambience. I certainly hope they will take steps to avoid this kind of situation occurring again.

Update June 2018
In fairness I feel I need to review this restaurant again. We have returned to the Peppermill several times since the previous review was written and each time we have had very good service and the food is always excellent. I have also noticed they often ask if we are going to the theatre.

Today I had lunch with four other ladies and we all enjoyed our luncheon. I especially like the curry mushroom soup with orange marmalade our wonderful waitress was outstanding.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Lunch with my mom, aunt, sister and sister in law - our second time coming here - and we’ll definitely be back. Excellent and very friendly service along with great food. Shrimp po’ boys and crab cake sandwiches - yummy!!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Made reservations over the phone for a group of 7 for lunch. Unforeseen circumstances forced me to call the restaurant an hour before our noon reservations; could we please change it to 9 people at 2pm? The staff member that answered the phone was so pleasant and accommodating; insisted it was no problem at all. When we all arrived at 2pm, they whisked us upstairs to a lovely private room, beautifully set for 9 people. The waitress was sweet and understanding, the menu offered something for everyone, and the food was delish. The only negative was the amount of time it took to get the food served. But because of the size of our crowd, and the additional diners in the main dining room, its understandable. Overall a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

I had lunch out on the beautiful porch. The menu is great. Ended up having the soup and sandwhich the chicken salad is divine and potato chowder soup out of this world. Staff is wonderful and attentive. Such a great place to dine and relax.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Delicious food on a classic southern porch with a June breeze blowing through the nearby shade trees. Sweet potatoe fries were the best I've had, and the staff was incredibly friendly. The inside dining areas looked inviting too, but seriously, if weather permits, Eat on the Porch.