“Absolutely perfect in every way....”
other travellers have booked this property
Powder Room Off Entryway Master Bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Powder Room Off Entryway
Master Bedroom
Master Bath - Brand new and complete with all the amenities for your stay.
Master Bedroom Writing Nook
Guest Bedroom
Guest Bedroom Writing Nook
Dining Room
Dining Room into Living Room
Living Room - Perfect for family gatherings. Room for everyone!
Screened-In Porch - For long-awaited conversations or enjoying a card game on a crisp morning.
Inviting Front Porch - Sit and watch for your friends and family to arrive.
Blue Sky - you will not be able to wait to get out and explore Abingdon!
Park Street Guest House is a Certified Wildlife Habitat
Easy Access for bikes, strollers and special needs.
Front Porch
Main Entry - A bridge built to dreams!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 25 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Janet R
“Absolutely perfect in every way....”
Reviewed 19 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

Where to begin? Well, from my initial, highly informative and friendly phone conversation with Janet, to the personal touches added to make our stay incredible, to every aspect of her property; we had a fabulous, celebratory weekend. The only regret I have is that I would've enjoyed spending more time in Abingdon (shopping for yarn and picking Janet's brain about owning a rental property!). However, my gift to my NASCAR-loving partner was the races at Bristol all day Saturday and Sunday, so.....there you have it. We ate a fabulous lunch at 128 Pecan (right across the street from the cottage). We also ate at Rain and The Pub. Both were positive dining experiences. We loved the Wolf Hills Brewery, just a few blocks' walk, then a hop, skip, and a jump to Rain for a stellar dinner. Our third and final night in town, we really wanted to stay in and enjoy the cozy, homey atmosphere after a long day at the races. We stumbled upon the Tuscan Grille in the grocery strip mall across from Wendy's and McDonald's. We sat at the bar and enjoyed a happy hour brew while perusing the extensive menu and awaiting our carry out order. I had one of the biggest and best homemade Stromboli with marinara I have ever eaten for $4.99, I kid you not. It was piping hot when we got home, That said, maybe it was the lovely atmosphere of Janet's Park Street Guest House that contributed to the taste sensation. If you are looking for a beautiful, tastefully appointed, low carbon imprint accommodation, look no further. You will cherish every moment. I plan to return, no doubt about it.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Janet's hospitality and the fact that the house is "green"
Liked least: Having to leave, of course.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
IL
Reviewed 12 March 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
Management Response
12 Mar 2013
I really enjoy seeing my guests take part in all the various pleasures....out "on the hoof" and inside enjoying your tea and book...the Guest House and its immediate area provide. I'm sorry the Farmers' Markets hadn't gotten underway yet, but you had beautiful weather for walking the town, learning the VA Creeper Trail and wandering the shops. Please come and visit us again...The pace will pick up from here on into the summer with music, theatre, various recreational programs.....and ever better weather.
Thanks for coming and for your review. Safe travels...Janet
VA
Reviewed 15 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
AL
Reviewed 19 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
lap289
Richmond, VA
“Outstanding new rental home in convenient location”
Reviewed 6 August 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Our weekend at the Park Street Guest House couldn’t have been better! We were welcomed warmly by the owner, who has anticipated her guests’ needs down to the finest detail. From the plush, fluffy towels to the chocolates on the nightstands, this is no ordinary mountain cabin.
The beautiful photographs can’t do justice to the care and quality put into the design, construction, and landscaping of this home. Two bedrooms, each with a private bath, made it the perfect choice for two couples traveling together. The immaculate rooms are large and comfortable, decorated with a mix of old and new furnishings and whimsical pieces of art. Although close to stores and restaurants, there is an atmosphere of privacy and hominess. We especially enjoyed having morning coffee on the screened porch. We hope to return for a longer stay!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: So many amenities and attention to detail
Liked least: First time we heard the train whistle
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
6 Aug 2012
thanks so much for choosing Park Street Guest House for your visit. I hope the weather will be just as perfect for your next trip! Loved having you! Janet
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing