“Excellent Mexican Food with Outstanding Service”

Puerto Nuevo Fresh Mex & Seafood
Ranked #38 of 79 Restaurants in Abingdon
Reviewed 10 September 2021

We tried Puerto Nuevo while staying the night at the Country Inn & Suites In Abingdon. It's within walking distance of the hotel. The food and service were excellent. I was so happy to see a restaurant bustling with workers during COVID times. Many restaurants seem to have a shortage of help, but not this one. Chips and water were filled up as soon as they began to run low. Food came quickly and was well-prepared and delicious. Portions are large and an excellent value. Be sure to try this gem if in the area. We are so glad we did.

Date of visit: September 2021
Write a reviewReviews (4)
Reviewed 29 August 2021

The owners at the Alpine Motel recommended this place to us. While we were expecting a typical Mexican boring restaurant, we were very pleasantly surprised.

The menu is rich with both traditional and unusual authentic Mexican plates. There is even a lady who goes table to table to prepare hand-made guacamole to your taste.

When we went, the place was soon packed and appeared to be very popular with tourists and locals alike. The staff was highly efficient and friendly. The restaurant is very large with ample seating. It includes a salsa bar and liquor is available.

This is one of the best Mexican restaurants we have visited in both Mexico and the United States.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 24 August 2021 via mobile

Seating was not pleasant, five persons in a booth. My wife’s small shrimp cocktail and the watery thin nacho dip made a mess. My dish was not much better.Our group of five regularly meet for Sunday brunch around Bristol and Abingdon, so we have other places with better
food to compare with this experience. The above average star goes to the waiter, however.

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Stopped for lunch, first visit. While I love Mexican, I was in the mood for seafood. I was able to enjoy crisp, thin chips w salsa while waiting for my shrimp. I loved the option of grilled rather than fried and there was a generous serving of shrimp. I am often disappointed w fries but these were crisp & well seasoned. The service was good and I will return.

Date of visit: July 2021