“Food good...service not so much”
Review of David Beard's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
David Beard's
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Azle
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We went to eat here and it wasn't full but the way our waitress rushed around you'd think she was waiting on every table in the place. We had to flag her down repeatedly and when she would stop, she was in a hurry and acted like we were interrupting her. She first brought the wrong order, rushed back and brought us another order and that wasn't even right...didn't ask if we needed anything else and never, did we ever get a refill on drinks. I'll go back but I'll make darned sure I'm not in her section.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I stopped in for lunch. The salad bar was great but when the entree was brought out, the fish was cold. was not hot at all and the hush puppies, if that's what you want to call them were so stale

Reviewed 28 December 2017 via mobile

We went here for dinner with 7 family members. We were greeted and seated right away. Catfish, shrimp and hush puppies were all very good. Onion rings were as great as they claim to be, excellent! We will go back again for sure.

Reviewed 2 December 2017 via mobile

Went there for my husbands birthday because he wanted catfish. Overall, I would not return, but he might.

The parking lot was pretty full indicating a lot of people were patronizing the place. We were seated rather quickly, but then forgotten for a good 7-8 minutes. The menus were grossly covered with food bits and needed a good cleaning. The blinds next to our table were greasy and dirty. That was just the beginning. Once our drink order was taken and brought out, the water was not drinkable due to a bad taste.

Hubby said his catfish was good but the shrimp was not. The kids had chicken fingers, mozzarella sticks, onion rings and liked them ok. I had a hamburger (I don't eat seafood or much fried food) and I made it through half before I couldn't eat it anymore. My burger was over cooked and the onion and tomato that came with it were wilty. The texture of the burger was rather unappetizing. The fries were ok.

The salad bar was not much more than wilted iceberg lettuce, fake bacon bits, and jello with a few croutons and other things for toppings. The bowls for the salad bar were incredibly small.

The place seemed appropriate for families and the prices were not outrageous. But, I will not be back to eat there any time soon. It would take a lot to overcome the lack of cleanliness paired unappetizing food.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We bring twelve (12) people or more once a month to eat lunch and play canasta.. This senior group has been coming here almost two years but we are done now. Today, the manager complained to us that we were not spending enough money. Many of us order water and salad bar for $1.99. However, most order at least one other item and some order a full meal. What kind of business tells their customers that they need to spend more money in order to make a profit? Their business is not our problem. It's up to them to set prices that they can make a profit. Even more bizarre, when I went to pay, the cashier argued with me. I told her we had two salads and beans, which is $3.99 each. She under charged me by $3.99 and I was unable to maker her understand that I owed her another $4.25 with tax. I finally went to the inane manager and told her I was unable to pay my full bill. She was rude about it to me, too so I finally took $4.26 out of my pocket and stuck it in her had and went back to my card game group.
The more I think about it, the more angry it makes me to think that a business would have the ineptness and audacity to talk to their customers like that
I guess by not going back, we will be saving them money by not having to service our group at all.