All reviews guest experience salmon crudo upscale food court this newly renovated hotel multiple outlets infinity edge pool ann richards boutique style fun stay previous hotel town lake coffee bar main restaurant a quick business trip an iron rooms are beautiful congress bridge
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After looking around Austin for something a little out of the ordinary, I decided to spend a week with The Line and was not disappointed! Their unique and welcoming decor creates a very inviting atmosphere that makes you want out and have a drink (and their coffee - no really, their coffee is amazing. This place has personality and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Great gym, bikes, an incredible coffee shop and lounge makes hanging out around the hotel great. It's right downtown too, beside the bat bridge and right where you need to be if you're visiting the city for the first time like I was. I'll definitely book again when I revisit. As an aside, whilst this may sound odd, they have incredible soap and lotion from American Medicinal.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
davidscheffke, Front Office Manager at The LINE Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Sean R,

Thank you so much for this kind review! We cannot get enough of our coffee shop, Alfred, either! They're Matcha and teas are addicting!

I am so glad you were able to take advantage of our complimentary bike rentals and our brand new fitness center. The bikes are so great to ride through downtown, or along the hike & bike trails!

We can't wait to see you the next time your in town!

Best Regards,

David Scheffke
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My company set a 3-day corporate event here in February 2019. I was very pleased with the level of service we received! They were professional, friendly, and accommodated multiple requests in a timely manner.

We rented one of the conference rooms, which, on the first day, grew uncomfortably hot. They brought in fans and worked to fix the air conditioning. The following days it was very comfortable. They also comped up a champagne toast in concession for the room temperature!

The one area of improvement that I would suggest is in the beds. The mattress is almost directly on the floor, which is a little uncomfortable to get in and out. Beyond this, it was a very luxurious stay.

Thank you for going the extra mile. I'll be returning and I hope my company will do the same.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
David S, Front Office Manager at The LINE Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear wnitka,

Thank you so much for your kind words! We truly pride ourselves on our level of service, and strive to make a positive impact on each and every guest! I'm happy our team was able to remedy the situation with the conference room within a timely manner, and you were able to enjoy your time with us!

We look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Austin! Please feel free to reach out to our Guest Experience Team, guestexperience.atx@thelinehotel.com, so they may personally oversee your stay!

Best,

Reviewed 31 January 2019 via mobile

Not. This is a funky and kinda fun place that definitely is eclectic and a bit over the edge in its attempts to be “cool”. With that said, location is great and staff has been gracious. The execution of the visitor experience however is seriously lacking. First, the room lighting would be great for a romantic stay with my hubby but for business it sucks. Turned on every possible light trying to read business documents and it was still an eye strain. Next the bathroom light. Awful - sort of like a night light. I asked for a make up mirror which was provided but it wasn’t lighted so turned on all the lights again and sat by window to do makeup. Asked for and received a coffee maker as room service doesn’t start til 7 am and I had early morning calls! Last, asked for and received iron and clothes steamer. And oh yes, platform bed and low sitting chair would be a challenge for a guest that is mobility challenged. PS. The charcoal soap is great as was the shower head. Definitely this hotel needs some input from experienced business travelers to up its game to the level that would make the Line a go-to hotel.

Trip type: Travelled on business
David S, Front Office Manager at The LINE Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2019

Dear MartiK115,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. I am happy to say that we are adding amenities to the room to help improve the guest experience. We currently have dressers in production to be added to all rooms coming this spring. In addition we will also be placing steamers in all of our rooms later this year.

I do appreciate your kind words in regards to the staff, and will be sure to pass on your kind words.

Please feel free to reach out to our Guest Experience Team the next time you're in Austin at guestexperience.atx@thelinehotel.com.

Reviewed 31 January 2019

The card key failed to open the room on the fourth floor when I checked in; I went down the slow elevator to get the card re-charged and it failed a second time. After my second trip down and back, the card key finally worked. I threw down my bags and ran off to my meeting and a dinner. When I returned to my room and got into bed, the comforter STUNK of dried urine and sweat. I was completely disgusted and called for a replacement. I couldn't go back to sleep until I wrote this review and have to endure another night here tomorrow.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
David S, Front Office Manager at The LINE Austin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2019

Dear Michael,

It was such a pleasure meeting and speaking with you during your stay. I am so happy we were able to rectify the situation in such a timely fashion, and make the remainder of your stay so enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Austin!

Best Regards,

Reviewed 27 January 2019 via mobile

So we booked The Line for a quick trip to visit Austin
The hotel is cool, very unique vibe. Great city or lake views.
The room was weird. Which I guess is Austin. This was kinda cheaped out weird though.
Everything is really low to the ground. So the chairs, bed, toilet are like 2’ off the ground. It’s like camping.

If you had knee surgery in the past few months then it’s a little tough but I guess maybe some like that.

No dresser. At all. No drawers, just a closet. In the closet was everything you could need including male and female sex kits, including massagers and condoms. Insanely expensive food choices (Snickers bar was $4) for example. Bring your own water because it’s way $

The air conditioner was awful. Quiet yes, cold nope. I like to sleep cool- so typically 67-68 tops
The room never got below 73 and thats with the thermostat set to 60 - the room temp fluctuated between 73-75 and it gets warm in my opinion and when you sleep cooler it wakes you up to be hot.

The bartender in Arlo Grey was disappointing. Cool place but we asked her for a Baybreeze. That’s been around for MANY years. She said “what’s in that?” We switched to coffee and a shot of Bailey’s, another “go to” for us. We were charged $13 for the shot of Baileys, which all over the country is no more than $7

Called over to Arlo Grey the next morning and was told that should be $9 - still high but better. As of this post I’m still awaiting that refund.

I guess the most disturbing thing is that they charge $39/day to keep your car there. I didn’t see that in the documents. $39/day for a GUEST is a lot. They also scratched my car while there. My mirrors were pushed in so they must pack them in tight.

Pluses- staff overall was great. Super friendly. The atmosphere is just what you want in Austin and the location is perfect.

Negatives- furniture is low, bed is uncomfortable, sheets are super cheap and the room is hot. No dresser and the parking fees are robbery.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear BellaLilly44,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I appreciate your kind words in regards to the staff, I will be sure to pass along to our team. I am however so disappointed to hear that you experience so many challenges during your stay.

I would love an opportunity to speak to your further about your stay. Please feel free to email me at your earliest convenience, dscheffke@thelinehotel.com.

Best,