“Drove 40 minutes from Downtown Austin, just for a view”

The Oasis on Lake Travis
Ranked #257 of 4 190 Restaurants in Austin
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Mexican, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: FM 620 and 2222
Description: Located 450 feet above Lake Travis, The Oasis Restaurant and Event Center offers a view that cannot be compared to any other.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

A local referred us so thought a no brainer. Great view. Service horrible. Clearly a place that a couple people had a vision and than have no management experience to make it successful. Not worth the 90 minute round trip drive!

1  Thank Margaret S
Write a ReviewReviews (3 134)

150 - 154 of 3 134 reviews

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I would only recommend this place for the view and not for the food. The menu did not offer much and the food was not worth the prices being charged. I felt like the Oasis places more emphasis on the volume of people they can get in and out instead of the quality of service, food, and the right amount of staff necessary.

When my girlfriend and I arrived, we were told that there would be a two hour wait. Yet while we waited we saw several tables inside and outside that were not being filled, therefore making our wait and I’m sure others longer than necessary... I would have to say our overall experience was at best average.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Great lunch at the oasis with great view of the lake. It is set up for small stores around a nice walkway, but many storefronts are not occupied yet. We went on a Monday and it appeared that some of the occupied stores were not open on Mondays so shopping was difficult. Once the stores are fully open it will be a great day trip.

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Drove about 150 miles to meet my family for a "special" lunch at Oasis on Lake Travis. Area looked like it closed down a few months ago but the restaurant was somewhat full. The menu was very disappointing, the food was very overpriced and the quality was well below average. Whataburger beats them all to hell on their burgers for about 1/5 the cost. My "fries" or whataever they were were like rubber and the meat was very under cooked even though I asked for medium well. Service was average but very slow and the food was cold. I wouldn't go back for a free meal!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

I grew up in the area and have gone to The Oasis for many years. My family used to go when the decks were wooden, before they burned down and were rebuilt.

As far as the food, The Oasis has always served mediocre Tex-Mex (the queso is fantastic, though!). However, you don’t really go for the food. You go with loved ones to celebrate or take visitors from out-of-town to show off the amazing view and watch the sun set over Lake Travis. The atmosphere is super fun, and everyone cheers at sunset.

There are plenty of fun things to do if you have a long wait, which is typically the case in the summer. There’s a cool record shop in the complex and the Oasis Brewing Co. is absolutely fantastic. The food beats that of The Oasis and the view rivals it. Grab a ‘Slow Ride’ and take it easy.

Been to The Oasis on Lake Travis? Share your experiences!