All reviews front desk a pet friendly hotel great customer service enjoyed my stay king room shower head close to downtown tammy pets microwave freeway uber
Reviewed 15 February 2018

There is a fee on the bill for the safe in the room, if you use it or not. AND: YOU have to call to get it back. As the title implies, that's ridiculous, and every other bad word that comes to mind, and has me planning my stays at hotels/motels where I find better customer service. Other than that, the room was fine, but that money thing kills it for me: you take my money, then I HAVE TO CALL to get it back? You know what, keep it and improve your service to not take money for nothing, and having me work to get it back; it's my money, not yours, especially for a service I did not use.

Room tip: I would not recommend staying here.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
RedRoofPlus, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2018

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your comments online regarding your experience with us. We regret that you weren’t able to give us a perfect score because of the issue you mentioned. We are glad to hear that the other aspects of your stay went well. I will pass all of your comments on to my team to begin improvements for you and future guests.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

It is clear that this hotel has been remodeled, and that the owner spent a lot of money doing so. However, with the current state of the maid service (or lack there of) the hotel is quickly degrading. The elevators and hallways were never cleaned nor swept while we were there (3 nights, 4 days). The maid only cleaned our room the first night, and did not replace towels. We saw her and asked, but she never came back. We had to request them from the front desk. There were stains (large circular) on the hallway carpet, that looked like the maid cart was leaking something. It appeared this way because there were several stains this size in front of different guest rooms and in front of the elevator.

Our king room came with a coffee pot, but no coffee. This is most likely because the maid never returned to clean our room past the first night that we were there. We ended up leaving each morning to go to Starbucks. They did have coffee downstairs, but based on the uncleanliness of the floors and counters we opted not to try it. The grounds were clean, so kudos to the grounds keeper. The pool area was also clean. Whoever hired those guys needs a pat on the back and should immediately be placed over maid service and janitorial staff indoors.

Trip type: Travelled with friends

Hello,

I'm disappointed to hear about the experience you had during your stay at our hotel. This is not the type of service we aspire to provide. I want to personally apologize for the problems you encountered. I will follow up with my team to improve on the quality of the guest experience.

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

The arrival: nobody at the desk, difficult to get service.
Rm 1: An odd smell lingers and the toilet flushes itself every 90 secs.
Rm 2 (picts): Glitter...everywhere. Beds against the walls, missing light bulbs.
Rm 3: Acceptable, but slept with eyes open just in case.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello Aaron,

Reviewed 30 January 2018

Small breakfast area. Hotel is now in the shadow of a major expressway fly over so the rooms are noisy. Traffic was bad and entrance to expressways limited. There is road construction every where around this hotel.

Room tip: Rooms are noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RedRoofPlus, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the traffic and noise, unfortunately we are on the south side of Austin on a major highway that is under construction. We do have noise filtering for the windows unfortunately they are not always helpful. But we will continue to upgrade and renovate to make things better for our guests. Your feedback will be considered when we are looking into remodeling. Thank you again and we hope you will give Red Roof another chance to accommodate your needs in the future.

Keisha A.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

I had a great stay here and had a great stay here. Victoria Perez had greeted me as I walk in and she checked me in rapidly with a nice smile. She made me feel welcomed to her hotel and knew at that moment I was going to have a nice stay. Thank you all for having me in your hotel.

Room tip: Great Staff and wonderful clean rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
RedRoofPlus, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Austin - South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you so much for your positive review. We really appreciate your feedback. Here at Red Roof South Austin we do strive for excellence. I am thankful Victoria went above and beyond to meet your expectations. We look forward to your continuous loyalty in the future.

Assistant General Manager