DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$219
  • Breakfast included
US$139
US$129
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$98
US$93
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Round Rock(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$263
US$235
  • Pool
Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Pool
Staybridge Suites Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$145
US$120
US$183
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Reviews (1 060)
1 060 results
All reviewsdouble treefront deskfrank erwin centerwarm cookiesnice hotelclose to downtownroad noiseconvenient locationwithin walking distancewould stay here againeasy accessbeds were comfortableutdennysproximityconvenienceuber
12 - 17 of 1 060 reviews
Reviewed 18 May 2018

While the front desk staff was personable and friendly, it was clear that there is an inflexible corporate policy that forbids staff from actually providing good customer service. There was no effort to accommodate or resolve minor issues that came up at check-in and check-out. The poor customer service highlights how hokey the

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Courtney G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Greetings,
Thank you for your honest feedback! We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We do apologize regarding the issues hotel policies. Thank you for being this to my attention and I will be addressing your concerns with Front Desk staff on how to better service guest when dealing with hotel policies. It is our goal to provide the best quality and service at the Doubletree by Hilton Austin University. We do hope you would consider us again in the future when traveling to Austin.

Reviewed 10 May 2018

We were in town for a concert at the Frank Erwin Center and we couldn't have asked for a better location! Easy walk to the arena. Hotel was very well kept, staff was very pleasant, helpful and professional. Room was very nice; good nice and well decorated (I would guess remodeled recently). You hear a little highway traffic and it was not enough to disrupt our sleep. Overall great experience.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Courtney G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Greetings!!!
We truly appreciate your feedback and the 5 star review! Our team takes pride in our hotel and location and ensures we exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to your return and again we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We drove in from San Antonio on a rainy day at high traffic time....BAD combination. Google Maps kept trying to send us down the street several miles. But as we sat in traffic we looked over and there it was near 12th street. After an hour dodging in and out we finally found the place. We even called the desk to see if they had info to help us. NOPE

So if you drive there use 12th street and MLK street to locate the hotel. My thought ...the desk should have known there was a problem of location and both posted it on line and informed the desk. .... it seems that there was a lot of road work and realignment and Google didn't know how to handle it.

Anyway, the hotel is nice as you would expect but I was caught off guard about charging us $18 a night to park our car. REALLY ! I was not happy ... about being scammed. Will pick another place next time.

This is why I down graded the stay ...bait and switch is not my favorite

Room Tip: opposite side away from freeway
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Courtney G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Greetings,
Thank you for choosing Doubletree By Hilton, We truly appreciate your feedback. I am so sorry for the inconvenience for your driving directions on google maps and the front desk staff inability to get you to the property with better guidance. The parking is clearly noted on the all website under fees and deposits required at check in. I am so sorry for the inconvenience. I hope the rest of your stay was wonderful.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

I called ahead to request a room that was away from the highway to reduce the noise level. It was still a little noisy, but the room was very clean, and the staff were professional and friendly. My experience was positive, unlike some of the other reviews.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Greetings!!!
We truly appreciate your feedback. Our team takes pride in our hotel and location and ensures we exceed our guest expectations. We look forward to your return and again we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

I checked in online on the Hilton Honors App, confirmed twice and even chose my room before I arrived--or so I thought. After working all day and then driving 6 hours, I was told the room with the double beds I had reserved was not available and the only thing they had was a king bed. I had my wife and teenage daughter who was checking out UT in Austin as her college career is about to begin with me. They offered a rollaway bed, but you know how uncomfortable those can be. I could not understand how the room I had picked out was not available and I even put in a late check-in time so they would know not to expect me early. I got quite upset and the young man a the counter bore most of my frustration. I am sorry for that now. The solution was to give me the first night free and also free parking for the first night. They offered to move us to a new room for the second night, but my wife refused to repack the luggage and move after being on the UT campus all day. Otherwise the room was clean with cold AC. The was a storm the second night and a limb kept hitting the side of the hotel and was quite loud in our room, hopefully the front desk took action on that after I reported it. I will consider giving them another chance because they are just across the interstate from the college and is very convenient.
P.S. Be sure to ask for their complementary signature cookies at check-in.

Room Tip: Try to get a corner room, they are blocked off and quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Courtney G, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Austin - University Area, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2018

Thank you for taking time to give your feedback, I am so sorry your stay did not meet all our your expectations. Our team takes pride in our hotel and location and ensures we try to exceed all our guest expectations. I am truly sorry for our short comings of your expectations. We look forward to your return and again we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

512.479.4000