Residence Inn Austin South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Austin Southwest(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$155
US$148
US$190
Hilton.com
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$218/night.

US$93
US$183
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Staybridge Suites Austin Airport(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$110
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$129/night.

Omni Austin at South Park(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$129
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$148/night.

US$184
US$148
  • Breakfast included
Firehouse Hostel(Austin)(Great Value!)
US$137
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsmon wedbedroom suitefull kitchengreat place to stayfront desk staffup to datenice stayfree breakfastshort driveextended stayi highly recommend this hotelyogurthome away from homepropertydowntowninnsdishwasher
Reviewed 26 January 2017

I'm on a project that brings me here twice a month. That being the case, I reserve the 1 bedroom suite, so that I am not scrounging for noms out here in the food desert.

The hotel is in a cluster of 6 different Marriott brands, on the access road of I-35. That said, I don't hear the noise of the freeway at all, in any of the rooms that I've had.

The one-bed suite doesn't have a stove/oven, but it does have a couple of burners so you can fry an egg or heat up soup. I accidentally wandered into a two-bedroom suite and it does have an oven.

Full sized fridge, dishwasher are convenient, especially when you have to get your lunch ready for work.

I get Instacart to deliver groceries, I've tried HEB, which was the most cost effective, Central Market had nicer choices. Super Bowl delivered Chinese food via Eat24 and it was a LOT better than it had a right to be.

The breakfast is great, lots of choices, with eggs, breakfast meats, fruit, yogurt, cheeses, etc. They do have Udi's gluten-free bagels, just ask.

Happy Hours are pretty great. Beer, wine, soft-drinks, along with some pretty filling munchies. Mondays are mostly appetizer foods, Tuesdays is something grilled, this week it was chicken breasts and a darn tasty Asian Slaw. Wednesday they have taquitos, beans, guacamole, rice and chips. Save that per diem folks!

TV has about 60 channels, and it's fun to start in the living room and migrate to the bedroom, just like at home.

Good sized closet, huge counter space for your toiletries, and decent water pressure in the shower.

Coffee and popcorn are provided in the room, you can get some frozen dinners to microwave in the on-site market, although really, with Happy Hour, you could skip that.

There's a P Terry's hamburger place a couple miles away down Ben White. They do a very nice burger, fries and shake. Although you'll have to circle back via Stassney.

I have my routine now, check in, get groceries, augment with treats from happy hour, and settle in.

Room Tip: I like the rooms in the middle of the building
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank RuthlessBunny
General M, General Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2017

RuthlessBunny, Thank you so much for leaving this detailed review. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and had such great things to say about everything and everyone. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel while attending a conference. Service was excellent accommodations very spacious and comfortable. I really liked the full kitchen facilities and the living room separate from the bedroom.
The free morning breakfast was good too.

The few downsides were:
- the area close to the elevator had a bit too much artificial scent
- there is a little bit of noise coming from the highway
- there is nothing at walking distance

It is a great place to stay with the whole family especially if you have a car.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Melissa N, Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2016

Thank you for your detailed review, Patricia! We are so happy to hear that we were able to meet all of your accommodation needs during your conference. We pride ourselves on making our guests feel comfortable and at home during their stay. I look forward to seeing you next time!

Reviewed 16 November 2016

The staff here, from managers to the breakfast lady were so helpful, nice and accommodating during a 5 days stay in October. They went out of their way to try to meet our needs and those of our large group. Also, I inadvertently left some personal belongings behind in my room, the Operations Manager, Linda O., located the items and mailed them to me, much to my relief and gratitude, and I especially want to thank her and her staff. The location was convenient for our needs and we had access to all the other Marriott properties, which seemed a little strange as 4 of them are lined up in a row within walking distance! However, it leads to comparison and I wouldn't be giving an honest review if I didn't say that this property is in need of updating. The age is visible and may be the reason one reviewer said 'dirty' in that it's hard to clean away wear. This is not the fault of the staff, but of Marriott.

Room Tip: Request a quiet; freeway noise loud on upper floors, front rooms
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It was a pleasure accommodating your family last month, and we hope to have you all back again if y'all do have another get together in Austin. While we are, unfortunately, an older property, we try our best to make up for it with our service and cleanliness! I do appreciate all of your comments though, and we are looking forward to an upcoming renovation to address some of the wear. Thank you again!

Reviewed 14 November 2016

To whom it may concern:
There were so many things wrong with this stay I’m not sure where to start. On the other hand, I will say that the staff was very friendly and courteous – even though they did nothing to rectify the situation. Oxymoron right?

I have stayed at Residence Inns a lot over the years and have never had any major issues. Had the one by Round Rock been closer to our destination, I would have definitely stayed there. So…
It started Friday night the 11th. 1) My 15 year old goes to get a water from the refrigerator and I hear this blood curling scream… there is a roach on the shelf; not only 1 but 2 (pics attached). I went down to the front desk and waited until all other guests had cleared out, then told the lady working there about the roaches. In her defense she did ask if I wanted her to come up and spray. I told her no that I had just put the 3 little ones to bed and could they spray Saturday – we would be gone from 11:00 am until about 8:00 pm. She said yes. 2) We go to make out the sofa bed and that mattress is stained and filthy. We picked it up to flip it over and omg.. it was even worse on the other side with stuff all under it (pic attached). 3) Daughter goes into the kitchen later and there are roaches on the counter. 4)We left Saturday about 11, return to the room around 7:45 pm. Well, it gets worse. They had not sprayed for the roaches, I stepped on one on the kitchen floor and killed it; The trash was still full including the paper sack we had used for kid’s additional trash, beds were unmade (which I could really care less about), the dirty towels were still on the floor and no clean towels to be found. I had 5 kids that needed to get their baths and to bed before the JDRF Walk the next morning. I went downstairs, asked the lady at the desk about it and was told that housekeeping said we had a Do Not Disturb sign on the door. Had we put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door, wouldn’t it have still been there? And would I have a right to go down and complain? We did not put a Do Not Disturb sign on the door! So, I load up on towels and finally get the kids their baths and to bed. I sat the trash outside the door, as instructed – where it sat until early the next morning when they brought the bill and slid it under the door.

This has got to be one of the nastiest hotels I have ever had the misfortune to stay at. Someone needs to do something about this place. Not only was there an issue with our room, but I’m not real sure that the vent by the elevator on the 2nd floor isn’t growing black mold (pic attached). Yes, by this point I was totally and thoroughly disgusted!

Pictures of the issues were sent to Marriott's Customer Service

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank momere2016
Melissa N, Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2016

I want to thank you for staying with us, and mentioning great things about our staff! Nevertheless, cleanliness is a key priority for our hotel and I am very sorry that our hotel fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate teams in an effort to improve our service. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 October 2016

We stayed for three nights while attending the IMSA and WEC race at CoTA. The location was ideal for us as it is a relatively short drive to downtown where we met friends for dinner one night and an easy drive to the racetrack (and airport).

As others have mentioned, being right on Frontage Road does require a little round-about navigation to get to the hotel since the road only heads north on the east-side of I-35 and south on the west-side. Turning onto Frontage road when exiting the hotel or from a side street during heavy traffic times required patience and a moderately heavy right foot. Our room was on the second floor, in the middle of the building, on the south side (opposite of the front entrance), and we did not find the traffic noise to be intrusive. It was more like a faint white noise. Finding a parking space was never an issue.

The hotel itself was exactly what we needed. We booked a one-bedroom suite, but were upgraded to a two-bedroom which was nice. Initially, we didn't think we would need the extra space or room, but we were there during the "cricket migration" season and some of the little critters kept entering the suite via the HVAC system. The HVAC unit was in a locked closet in the larger of the two bedrooms. The crickets would chirp and there was no way to get into the closet to get rid of them. So, after the first night, we moved to the other room for our stay. The staff did come in and try to eliminate the crickets, but it was a losing battle.

The unit itself was great. The living area and bedrooms were clean and good sized with a TV in each, both bathrooms had separate vanity and bath/toilet areas, and the kitchen area had all the items expected at a Residence Inn. The furniture was updated and modern, the beds were comfortable as was the sofa in the living area and there were enough TV channel options for the times we just wanted to relax a bit.

All the staff we interacted with were friendly and helpful from check-in to check-out. The front desk staff were always willing to answer questions and give recommendations. The house cleaning staff always greeted us when we encountered them in the hallways and the suite was nicely refreshed each day. The staff that handled the breakfast area always had the food stations stocked and clean.

During our stay, we were always able to find a place to sit during breakfast, but it is a little small. We could see it getting crowded if the hotel is fully booked. Food options were good including both hot (eggs, sausage, etc) and cold (yogurt, cereal, pastries, etc).

If we head back to Austin again for a race at CoTA we will definitely try to book here again.

Room Tip: A room on the east side or in the middle of the south or north sides will be quieter than those closer to the west, I-35/Frontage Road side
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Melissa N, Manager at Residence Inn Austin South, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2016

Thank you for your detailed review of our hotel! I am glad you found the location of our property to be in convenient proximity to both downtown and CoTA. I'm also happy to hear you were able to get use out of your upgraded two bedroom suite! Thankfully all the crickets have left Austin now and we are back to being cricket-free! We look forward to serving you again during the next race here in Austin!