“New favorite place!”

Boiler Nine Bar + Grill
Ranked #328 of 4 186 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Went here for brunch on a Saturday and it was such a fun menu to choose from. Unique drink choices, Beer bread, baked eggs, green chili stacked enchiladas amazing! I rarely order dessert but they were too interesting to pass up so we had two of them, We shared everything and loved it all. Service was excellent. The manager, Laura, gave us great suggestions and made sure we were happy with our choices, Definitely go!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Cool place and great atmosphere. The service was great and friendly. The food was just “meh” as well as the drinks. Neither of the wives could finish the red wine.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I was quite surprised at the as ambience a converted power plant had - exceeded my expectations in every way. Well played, filling meals... drink specials above the Austin norm. Room for kids to play outside while the adults filled up on appetizers like blue cheese filled dates & cheese boards!
Worth the price, will certainly visit again.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Very nice location walking distance to the lake and downtown. Food is awesome, we enjoy it every time!

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has been on my top of the list to try and on this perfect sunny day it was time not only to see the newly Seaholm District but to eat here. I wasn’t sure where to park so I tried the Central Library but it was full. I saw a big public parking sign so entered the Northshore Austin public parking garage. Unfortunately it turned out it was very expensive to park there. Started my walk by going overc the new Butterfly Bridge and straight to Boiler Nine.

I did not see any big signage except a sign on a door. I walked inside and see a lot of people inside eating and a wait. The hostess said it was a 20 minute wait but since just the two of us and like always found two seats at the bar without a wait. The bartender quickly too took our drink orders where I got a water and draft beer. The bar was stock nicely with lots of liquor choices. We were handed menus and started studying. The have a wide range of food choices and apparently besides the lunch menu there is a separate dinner menu. I ordered the Roasted Chicken Melt which was a sandwich with avocado and cheese.

This place is setup very nice with two levels of seating including patio. With an added plus there is an outdoor deck on top with a nice view of Seaholm area. The bartender told me some take their food up there and in the evening the bar is open and different food options. While looking for the restroom I had to downstairs where I found another bar with seating. No one was in here probably because the bar was closed.

My food arrived and wow it looked good. My wife had the B9 Burger. My sandwich arrived with huge pancake sized potato chips. The sandwich was excellent and pretty much eat anything either with bacon or avocado. It was a perfect mix of ingredients between the toasted bun.

The bartender attended to us nicely and made sure our waters were filled.

And afterwards went up the elevator to check out the outdoor balcony. There were cool lounge and rocking chairs. Make to bring quarters so can use the binocular viewfinders. I noticed some metal garage style doors and suspect this is the bar. There is an outside staircase in case want to avoid the elevator but was closed when I was there.

Overall I was impressed with both the food and atmosphere.