“Great food and ambience ”

Central Standard Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Central Standard Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #363 of 3 972 Restaurants in Austin
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Went with a couple of friends for early dinner on a Friday, we got there a little before 5 pm so we got sit outside as it wasn’t crowded yet and had happy hour going on. Food was delicious, simple, and well served. We ordered oysters, trout raviolis, almond crusted salmon, pork chops, mashed potatoes and onion rings, all of it was amazing ! Would totally recommend and go back for sure.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Only had drinks and the waiter recommended the margaritas. They were amazing. The waiter was also very helpful too. Will definitely return for food at a later date.

Reviewed 25 February 2018

My 90 year-old friend collapsed at the restaurant. The staff and other patrons were fantastic. They helped her stabilize, they called EMT, they stayed with us until EMT took over, made sure we had everything we needed. They were just great!

And the food was good too! Had the scallops, clam chowder, lobster salad, and beets. Everything tasted great! The scallops were cooked perfectly and were so tender. The beets were tasty. The clam chowder was delicious but a bit salty.

Looking forward to returning and trying more of the menu.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We stopped in for an early dinner. The place wasn’t too crowded. The outdoor tables were great to people watch while dining. Amazing craft cocktails and food was to die for. Great atmosphere on South Congress and fabulous food . Can’t go wrong!

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

My friends had their rehearsal dinner for their wedding here in the private room. When I arrived, I asked the person standing behind the host station where I needed to go and he had no clue what I was talking about. I don't think he was the actual host for the restaurant. Another person walked up and I told her where I needed to go and at the same time, one of the front desk people came over to make someone a reservation. He pushed his way in front of me and got his reservation made while I just stood there. The host looked at me apologetically and the front desk person clearly couldn't be bothered with the fact that i was there before him and actually needed to meet my party. It was a bit rude but I let it roll off my back and eventually joined my party.

Once I entered the private room where my party was seated, I had a completely different experience. The service was impeccable. My drink order was taken right away. We were given a set menu with a few choices for an entree. I am a vegetarian and none of the choices were meatless so I asked the server and he told me a few options the chef typically makes and checked in with the chef to see what today's vegetarian choice was. They made me a mushroom risotto with no issue. Again, great accommodating service.

The starters were brought out and were quite tasty! We were also given a salad (mine was made meatless with no issue). The salad was quite good with watermelon radishes, yellow beets, and frisée. My mushroom risotto was tasty. Not the absolute best risotto I have ever had but still good. My husband enjoyed his steak and got a chance to try another friend's chicken and really liked that as well. Again, not absolutely wowed, but enjoyed the meal throughly.

We were given a pana cotta for dessert but neither of us are too into pana cotta. Everyone else really enjoyed it. The server checked in on us regularly and was very accommodating. I enjoyed this evening and meal here!

Been to Central Standard Restaurant? Share your experiences!