“So disappointed.”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Went here for lunch. We have eaten breakfast here several times and it was excellent, so we decided to try lunch. Ordered the special of the day, turkey and dressing. Waitress brings a plate of our desserts and biscuits. And when I said I thought we got dinner rolls and she responds, oh we are out of rolls. Then we wait a bit long for our food and it is ice cold. Not even just warm but cold like out of the refrigerator cold. We ask for it to be heated. She takes all plates and heats them and it was much better. Then we get to watching other tables get their food and they are given hot rolls. And we were so looking forward to a hot roll. I would not recommend for lunch.

1  Thank Deana H

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Breakfast here while on vacation. Had to wait a little to be seated on a Monday at 10:30 am! Huge memo to select from for breakfast. My husband had an everything omelet and I had a 1/2 benedict with ham, hollandaise and green chile sauce. Both were excellent and the pancake sides a good flavor. Definitely a local hangout and superb service.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Passing through town, found the place and was not disappointed. Pancakes are as good as advertised. Loved them. Over Easy eggs were served hot which is a technique that not everyone can master. Always Order hashbrowns extra crispy and these maybe the best I ever have been served. Crispy without burnt flavor and seasoned nicely. Order bacon, sausage or ham when you visit. I ordered chicken fried steak with my eggs because I needed to get full.... was going to miss lunch. The CFS is not hand battered on site... it is a frozen pre battered cutlet. Like you get in the school cafeteria. Next time will order a true breakfast meat and the pancakes are a must even if I have to order as a side.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I was disappointed with this carry out meal. However my husband and son were fine with what they got. I ordered the turkey and dressing special which was lacking the cranberry sauce but included a scoop of scrambled eggs in the dressing. Very gross surprise. They forgot the dessert that came with the special. Overall the special was not special. My husband had the club sandwich with fries it was made with real turkey and ham slices instead of deli meat like some restaurants. It was very yummy and hit the spot. My son ordered the chicken strips which should have come with fries but did not. Needless to say not much food for a teenage boy.
We have eaten in and the service was awesome.
If you do takeout you might want to check your order before you leave.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Food was good. Service was fine. Facility was “interesting.” While the pancakes were not “world’s best,” they were good and portions were generous. Wait time was shorter than they told us.