“Food not hot, beef tasted scorched ”
Review of El Campesino

El Campesino
Ranked #22 of 178 Restaurants in Altoona
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Our experience here was very disappointing. The enchiladas and beans were barely warm. They were full of me but there was nothing else in the enchilada itself. We also got beef tacos but the beef tasted scorched and it was just beef and white cheese and a little bit of lettuce.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here last night and excellent service with a delicious dinner. The mole here is the best we’re had anywhere, you can’t go wrong with the mole ranchero or the mole enchiladas. Ishmael rocks and always delivers great service!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

I love this place. We go there often and it is consistently great. Food is delicious, service is great, and the atmosphere is cool. The folks that work there are great people. Ishmael rocks! He makes it a pleasure to dine there.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

My reviews on Trip Advisor include many visits to Mexican restaurants. El Campesino is one we have patronized for years, because the place is clean and pretty - better than most Mexican restaurants - and the menu and food are authentic. We do not go to Mexican places if the personnel is not Mexican, so were happy to see that most of the staff here are indeed still from Mexico. During our most recent visit, we were happy to note that the ladies' and mens' rooms have been updated, making for a nicer experience overall. Wish I could go here more often!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

This is my fourth visit in the past year. I've ordered a different meal each time, and all of them have been very tasty. While I like Mexican food, I do not like it too spicy, and all the items I've had have been fine for me.

The food is tasty, meals are reasonably priced, the atmosphere is very pleasant, all the wait staff are very friendly and attentive, and the place is very clean. If you like Mexican food, you will like this place. I plan to include this restaurants in my list of regulars.