“Worth a stop!”

Ranked #6 of 16 things to do in Altoona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 22 April 2017

Having never visited Altoona, PA, we googled "Things to do in Altoona" on Trip Advisor. The Benzel Pretzel Outlet came up, and we just had to go! What fun! There were pretzels galore, Martin chips, popcorn, etc!! The prices were fantastic! We loaded up on pretzels and chips for our ride back to NY State, and only wish that we lived closer to Altoona, PA!!

Date of experience: April 2017
"stock"
in 3 reviews
"seconds"

Reviewed 1 March 2017

Benzel's is a old family run business manufacturing all sorts of pretzels. Years ago, people referred to their pretzels as "Benzel's Bretzels" (I don't know if they billed that themselves, though).. Great prices, great selections, they sell big bags of chips, pretzels, popcorn (they carry Martins brand along with other goodies in addition to pretzels). They also have small bags of chips, cheese puffs, nacho chips & popcorn that they sell for 10 for $2.00 (mix and match). Staff are extremely nice and helpful. The grounds are beautifully landscaped and there is a old railroad caboose on the grounds. Great place to stop to pick up snack specialties for the folks back home. Oh- and free pretzel samples when you walk in...

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Russ H
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

I took my mom to the shop for pretzels and potato chips. The store there is nice and you can get pretzels and chips for half the price as at the store. A definitely nice place to visit.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed 24 August 2016

My husband had business to attend to in Altoona and the grandkids and I tagged along. The night before I looked for attractions and came up the outlet. I knew ahead of time that there was no tour and that was fine. However, perhaps they will consider running a video presentation? When we got there we took pix of the caboose. The property's landscaping was really nice and I fell in love with the Hibiscus that was outside of the building. The woman inside was extremely nice!! The outlet had a lot more merchandise than I thought and the prices are very good. Something for everyone for sure!!!

Date of experience: August 2016