“Pie, Oh My!”
Review of Baked Pie Company

Baked Pie Company
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Arden
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Description: Best Pie in town and home of the original Pie Flights... you don't have to choose just one!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

When I read they had flights of pies I knew we needed to make the drive! I imagined tiny slices of pie! That is not the case! So, glad we chose to split a flight! A flight was 3 slices of your choice and you can have an ice cream scoop on the side! The pie selection varies, the day we visited we chose banana coconut cream pie, pecan cheesecake pie, and cherry pie! My husband said the cherry pie was just like his Mom made from their cherry tree as kid using sour pie cherries! I don't know how his Mom made them, but it was the best cherry pie I ever ate! The others were fantastic too and I have to say we ate it all!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Wonderful eclectic atmosphere. Large selection of pies to order by the slice, a flight, served hot or cold with or without ice cream, or a whole pie to take home. Nice coffee/tea selection. Was disappointed with my choice of pie. Friends like it, I might go back, not sure.

Michael F, Owner at Baked Pie Company, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Barbara, Thank you for the feedback and review. We are sorry you didn't enjoy your selection! Any feedback on it? Please give us another try :0)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Why bake when you can buy better than home-made? We love this place and always order several for thanksgiving.

Michael F, Owner at Baked Pie Company, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Terry! Thank you for the review!!

Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

I have now bought 2 pies from Baked, and my review did not improve the second time around. The pies are extraordinarily expensive ($32 for a whole pie), and they don’t live up to the quality you would expect from that price. The first pie I tried was a lemon meringue. I bought it for guests who were arriving for a long weekend, and was disheartened when I opened the box at home to see thin sugar bubbles coming up from the meringue. The meringue had separated from the pie, but all the cosmetic issues would have been overlooked if the pie had been great. The filling was a wan lemon flavor, and the crust was graham cracker! Who ever heard of lemon meringue pie with a graham cracker crust? If the flavors in the pie had been good, I could have overlooked these deficiencies. But what we had was a pale, sugary mess that didn’t impart much flavor at all. None of my guests would eat it. The next time I bought a pie there, I had decided that maybe my criticisms and those of my husband and guests were unwarranted, and perhaps I was missing something. This time I shelled out another $32 (had to have a dessert for a party and didn’t have time to bake), and bought the blueberry crumble. Sounds good, huh? This second pie was probably worse than the first. The crumble has faded to a gummy, floury topping, and the fruit had come from a can. There’s probably nothing much more disappointing than canned blueberries, especially for a dessert like a crumble that demands fresh fruit. No one wanted my pie after the first few forkfuls, and the host insisted I take it home with me. So now I’m $64 lighter, but the good news is that I’m not wearing their pies on my thighs . I would skip this place unless you’re really hard up for a sugar fix. Owl Bakery does an excellent job for 75% of the cost.

1  Thank EMC1023
Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

Try the pie flight which allows you to choose three varieties of pie and a scoop of either vanilla or sea salt caramel ice cream. More than enough for two to share. We had Reese’s pie, Strawberry Rhubarb with a crumb crust and the Atlantic pie, a combination of lemon and lime. All delicious, we will definitely be back!

Michael F, Owner at Baked Pie Company, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Thank you for the review!!