“Incredible Food and Ambiance”

Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 75 Restaurants in Arden
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Description: We are a small independent restaurant, bakery and tea room located in Arden, NC. We serve all-day breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as a wide variety of homemade baked goods. We welcome custom cake and cupcake orders, and also have a nice private room for events or meetings. We have a large dog-friendly patio as well. On Saturdays, we hold proper Afternoon Tea service. We make everything in house, from scratch, with as much locally-sourced ingredients as possible.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Ivory Road has become one of my favorite go-to spots in Asheville. I recommend it to my Airbnb guests and thoroughly enjoy going myself. Jill’s (the owner) culinary creations are just perfect.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Jill_IvoryRoad, Owner at Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Thank you so very much for taking the time to leave us a review! We appreciate you!

Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a place that served breakfast late (after 11) and found this place close by our lodging. What a great find! The food choices were unique and very tasty. The Southern Skillet was particularly good-eggs and bacon served over cheese grits. The kitchen is very small but the flavor was very big. The setting is relaxing and I encourage you to try out the Ivory Road cafe for a leisurely meal.

Jill_IvoryRoad, Owner at Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you so much! We really appreciate your sweet review :) Thank you for stopping by!

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

Recent Brunch after working out with a friend. Sweet atmosphere in an old rock cottage. Great yogurt and granola. Hand made items. Great choices.

Thank you so very much for leaving us a review. We appreciate it. See you next time!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing bakery! We had a cake done by them for an Elopement and it was classy and beautiful. And it not only look good, it tasted amazing. Jill was great to work with and highly recommend them for any occasion. And must stop by their location. It is beautiful and they have plenty of treats!

Thank you, thank you! We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. See you next time!

Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

Let me start by saying they staff provides good service and have very pleasing helpful personalities. The overall price for afternoon tea is very reasonable and the presentation is beautiful. My disappointment was with inedible stale bread and pastry cup for the delicious chicken salad. There were pretty flowers on the table otherwise there was absolutely no ambience (no background music or nicely framed artwork etc.)

Jill_IvoryRoad, Owner at Ivory Road Cafe and Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are happy you enjoyed tea for the most part, but as the business owner, I am confused by a few of your statements and would like to clarify. Firstly, we haven't ever served chicken salad at tea (and there is none in your beautiful pictures...). Secondly, the sandwiches are made a few hours before tea, and kept moist with damp paper towels, on bread made by a local bakery and also some homemade bread of our own -- In two years of serving tea I've only ever received the opposite comment about the consistency of the bread! The puff pastry cup you mention is usually our customers' favorite, which is why we have continued serving it. I also personally check on everyone to see how they are enjoying the tea service, and I would have much appreciated your honest feedback in the actual moment, rather than weeks later on the internet when it is unfortunately beyond my ability to remedy the situation. I would have been happy to make you fresh sandwiches on the spot, if it would have improved your experience with us.

We also do have speakers in each tea room playing classical guitar music, bluegrass, or oldies during tea. And lastly, there are about 10-15 canvas artwork pieces by local artists throughout the house, which certainly made me scratch my head after reading your review. I don't mean to discount anything you have written, I just truly take all feedback seriously and try to improve from it. I'll be sure to check the music is playing loudly enough to enjoy and that the sandwiches stay extra moist for service. Thank you very much, and I hope you'll come back to enjoy tea again sometime!