“The worst hammam ”

Bodrum Hammam
More attraction details
Owner description: Traditional Turkish bath
Reviewed 24 September 2015 via mobile

My partner and I have been to many hammams in Turkey before but this one was awful.
I paid for a Turkish bath and massage, there was no good service in there.
My hammam was finished in 5 minutes and I was asked to leave afterwards, when I called the manager to complain, he said that we could stay for as long as we wanted.
When I went back downstairs, there was no more soap and the staff were rather unpleasant.
The place is basic and not very clean. I do not recommend it.

1  Thank Eudu-de-Oliveira

Reviewed 22 September 2015 via mobile

my mom fell down the murble stairs. There were not any warning regarding the slippery ground. No one eho works therr cares about the visitors

2  Thank Nükte C
Reviewed 17 August 2015

I wanted to experience a Turkish bath and after a day sail ventured into this hamam because it was convenient to the harbor in Bodrum. A disclaimer: it was my first Hamam and I like authentic experiences without much tourist-driven refinement. The place was full of Turks, and felt authentic. They spoke little to no English and I was directed with pointing and grunts. Somehow it all went very smoothly though and it was an experience I won't soon forget. I was scrubbed, bathed, and rubbed vey efficiently and with little fuss. I would definitely return and felt I got my 60TL worth of a hamam. Not so sure what it would be like for a woman, but for the intrepid male, it's a definite experience!

Reviewed 6 August 2015 via mobile

From my research and the reviews here, this was exactly what I was looking for- a traditional Turkish bath.

Very hard to find with the address here put into Google Maps- it's well signposted and easily reached from Sevat Sakir Cd. The road that runs alongside and south of the bus terminal.

We ( two guys) paid TL60 for the loofah soap and oil massage. The customer service here is very er... restrained, with people keeping appearing as if from nowhere, with very little English- and rather charming and all the better for it.

You get changed in a cubicle made of uPVC doors, which secures your valuables. You then head downstairs- and the somewhat ramshackle arrangements turn into a Turkish palace of steam! You wait on a heated Dias - the slab- under a dome in an underground steam complex entirely in white marble, with the showers behind arches around the perimeter.

As if by magic the imposing masseur appears, who then proceeds to scrape all your skin off with a mitt, cover you in very foamy soap with a massive ballon cloth- think the Prisoner.

There is then a rudimentary massage which involves very heavy pressure all over you. We were then ushered upstairs fashioned turbans out of scarves and sat on an outside terrace with a complimentary water.

All of the communication is done with taps, motions and grunts. There was an air of macho silence, no piped music, but also which I thought was a shame, no other customers around 6pm or so. Maybe they saw us coming?

We were then asked in and given a deep Tissue massage for about 20 mims. The masseur seemed to know my most achey parts. There is a proper massage room, nice oil etc although I was massaged in a room with the door to the terrace open which was really nice.

We were then asked to go and rest in our cabins, and shortly
After told 'change'! We were doused in a lovely cologne and then left- feeling a million dollars in the warm Bodrum sun. For full marks I would have liked the upstairs to haves been a bit more organised. The masseurs were amazing though, and I would definitely go again.