“Jeep Safari ”

DirectorTour - Day Tours
Ranked #31 of 41 Tours in Bodrum City
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Found this company on main road just a short distance from the Dolmus Station in Bodrum centre . Looked the part and Chuckie the guy we spoke to was very nice . They do loads of tours & trips in and around Bodrum for a very reasonable price too . Pick up and drop off from your hotels which is great .
We booked a Jeep Safari which was quite a full day pick up at 9am and back for 4.30pm . They travel in a convey of between 5-10 jeeps carrying i would say between 6-10 passengers each .
The drivers are great fun and you get to meet quite a few people from all over the world .
They are basically driving you around the Bodrum Penennisula in the hills off road through dirt tracks and forrests which surround Bodrum.
We stopped at a few small villages for refreshments and one for lunch also which is provided. Drinks are extra but not very expensive . One village also specialises in the production of Olive Oil and it was very interesting to see the machinary and how Olive oil is made , you can then sample some with fresh bread and also buy to take home too . The village also made Pinenut Honey which was absolutely beautiful tasting and we bought some too , not expensive at all .
We then had some fun with water fights , each Jeep was given a bucket of water and a kids water gun / squirter and everyone took turns to squirt the other Jeeps on the tour , great fun kids and adults all loved a bit of fun as each Jeep took turns in passing each other .
Finally we stopped at the beach which is not sand but shingle & stone for around 30 mins for some fun in the sea before heading back to our hotels .
Overall a really good day out and good value for money too .
Communication from these guys was first class , Chuckie gave me his mobile and said any questions WhatsApp me and i will get straight back to you ... excellent.

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Wanted to do a boat trip as this is something we always do when abroad.
Collected for transfer on time and taken to bodrum for the boat. We arrived and waited about an hour. Top of the boat very windy and cold.
The boat was very empty do we had lots of room to sun bath when the sun was out.
The boat trip was nice and relaxing, food was lovely. Disappointed that there were no drinks after last stop though.
Would recommend if you want a relaxing trip but if you like a little bit more interaction and fun.. go find captain Mehmet in Gulluk.. his trip is the best, the boat may be smaller, more dated.. but much more fun

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We have been traveling all around Turkey for more than 10 years, have never faced service or attitude less than just favorable. Probably that is what caught us unprepared by a genuine unprofessionalism and ultimately rudeness of the staff members of Director tour. Just don't want to go to deep into details, on the day of the tour seeing my 8 and 9 year old kids the guide told us that we need to pay extra for them as they were older than 6 years. To my argument that when we were at the central office the representative of the company who sold us the tour package saw my kids there and actually asked their ages he commented that apparently I lied about their age. While this surprised me I just replied that anyone could say their age were definitely not 6, besides they could ask for their documents to make sure their ages. Then I was contacted by their manager Tulay hanim whose rude and unapologetic tone threw me back. Then I was contacted by Hikmet bey who sold me the tour, who surprised me even more by saying that he warned me not to show IDs of my kids to the guide. Cant put into words my astonishment by what he said. I spent hours and hours texting back and forth to either Tulay or Hikmet. Needless to say this much expected tour was ruined and my family members were upset all the way to Ephesus. Ultimately they put us 5 people into one "suite" room in Colosea Hotel in Pamukkale. The room was tiny, the hotel was outdated, despite its 5 stars it was actually 3 stars not more. The only thing I liked about the hotel was that it was environmentally friendly. All in all Ephesus and Pamukkale are must visit sites but beware of the agency you go with. Strongly do not recomment Director Tour.

Reviewed 22 July 2017

They sold us a trip to Efesus but forgot to tell us that we must have the IDs for the children to confirm their age at the entrance. As a result had to pay extra 40 liras at the entrance. They promised to refund the money if I'll prove that my child is 12 years old. After I brought the passport confirming she is 12 the man who served just ran out of the office making things look funny. They offered some discount for the boat trip as a reconciliation gesture eventually which was accepted as we were not there just to row endlessly with everyone but the general feeling of being served poorly remained.
The boat was overcrowded with people sitting on steps eating their lunches and drinks were stupidly expensive though were promised to be of "normal value".

1  Thank Andriy S