Lowest prices for your stay
US$25
View deal
Agoda.com
US$19
View deal
Priceline
Hotels.comUS$21
Trip.comUS$30
All reviews hot water comfortable beds metro station ulus cucumber prayer bathroom tl otogar
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 December 2019

Nice clean spacious room, bathroom was clean, hot water, heater a/c was good. The staff was very nice and helpful, wifi was strong. It was close to public buses and 15 minute walk to the metro so it was well situated. There is a big beautiful Ottoman style mosque right infront of the hotel and a small mall under ground but you don't hear the prayer call from the mosque inside the rooms. We had good night sleep.

Breakfast was good, Turkish buffet breakfast, bread, tomatoes, cucumber, olives, tea, coffee, butter, jam etc.

Safe neighborhood. You can take the MRT to the main bus station Otogar for TL 18 or you can take the bus to the main bus station. Taxi will charge you TL 30 (if not, bargain it to TL 30).

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 3 August 2019

Stayed here for 2 nights while exploring Ankara. Good location, not far from the fast train terminal. Room comfortable. Bathroom small but decent shower. Good wifi and satisfactory breakfast. Would recommend to budget conscious travellers

Date of stay: August 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2019 via mobile

A simple small hotel very well located with good room, beds, bathroom. Helpful staff. Decor a little tired but serviceable. Comfy beds, clean sheets and bathrooms. Good value for money. Would stay again.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank BronwynS103
Reviewed 10 March 2019 via mobile

We were there for one night and there’s full of bad happens, Staff don’t speak english at all you gotta play pantomim for them at end they underestand what they want to u understand,
Photos are different than you saw on the website, We booked a room with a double bed first they gave us a room with two separate beds then after a headache they changed our room and guess what! We found out they attached two seperate bed to have a double bed,breakfast buffet was included but they just bring a plate of small thing and one boiled egg and if you want to change your egg to the fried one, you must pay for it.
The hotel was for $5 american then I checked my credit card and I saw they charged me also 34 EU I mean seriously this hotel worth only $5 not more than that.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Ufuk A, General Manager at Hotel Mithat, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2019

Hello ,
Our staff working in the hotel knows enough English to understand what you want. Did you want to understand the answers? The price for a double bed room with 2 separate beds is the same. We'll give you what room you want. Extra requested products at breakfast are also priced. The price of the egg you want is not $ 5 . it is $ 1.5
Please be more positive when writing your comments and don't affect anyone with wrong information.
Our respect,

Reviewed 8 May 2018

Wifi was good the first night, it was almost unusable after that. Worked for VERY light browsing, but anything else was too taxing.

Location is decent, not super close to anything or transportation. Ankara metro isn't great, but it would've been nice to be closer to it. I guess Ulus wasn't that far though. I had a great view of the big beautiful mosque next door. Problem is prayer-o-clock...which is 5 (?) times a day. Since they're not timed, and more timed to the sun, it's a little unpredictable. The sounds is LOUD, the prayer plays over a big speaker that seemed to face right into my room. I closed the balcony (nice feature, great view) door but since the AC didn't really work properly (it would blow cold air for 5 seconds, then stop for 10 minutes) I had to leave the door/window open. I'm a REALLY deep sleeper, but I had to wear earplugs to stop the 4am-ish prayer from waking me up.

I never tried the breakfast.

My room was very small, single bed, shower rains on the toilet, that kinda thing. But overall, I paid the same for 3 nights as I paid for 1 night in Istanbul, so I was ok with it.

"Taxi" to the airport for my flight out was probably 20 lira too much.

I would stay here again at this price, but I'd be prepared to never use the wifi, use my turkish sim to download podcasts and whatnot, couldn't stream the one sporting event I wanted to. There was a TV that had a long list of channels, but I never really tried that since I wasn't super interested.

Sidenote, laundry as usual with hotels was over priced, not as bad as others, but they also wouldn't tell me where I could do laundry nearby, and I couldn't really find anywhere, so that's why my shirt is a little stinky today if you're on my flight!

Room tip: The view of the mosque is great, but the prayers are very loud and have weird timings, so I'd avoid it as a light sleeper.
Date of stay: May 2018