Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$113
View deal
Expedia.comUS$113
Hotels.comUS$113
PricelineUS$113
eDreamsUS$113
TravelocityUS$113
Orbitz.comUS$113
All reviews the club lounge jazz bar well equipped gym rooms are clean business city murat english internet capital mall
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 November 2020 via mobile

The hotel located near mall, restaurants and shopping center, staff very helpful, room is good size, clean and good equipped, internet good speed, Breakfast should be buffet but due to COVID serving on the table almost like buffet, parking the have private parking or valet

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank year062
Reviewed 28 September 2020 via mobile

I have travelled to Ankara after a fantastic holiday in Dalaman at a five stars resorts . I have been to many hotels and resorts in Turkey in the past 22 years . It was my first trip to Ankara and I have booked into the Sheraton hotel based on trip adviser reports and reviews . I wanted a 5* hotels in an upmarket section of the city . I have booked for 6 nights directly with the hotel as I am a member of that groups of hotels .
The hotel has an excellent location , remarkable building with a well known jazz bar on site .
When I arrived to the hotel I was greeted by polite and nice reception person ( Name Burak) . He has given me room 817 on the eight floor . When I have got to the room and attempted to unpack I have noticed that the room was very tired with ancient bathroom and in no way to match any 5* hotels in Turkey not to mention the rest of civilised world . To be honest you would struggle to give it a 4* status .
The Jazz bar turned up to be close due to Covid 19 restrictions.
I returned to the reception desk and requested another better room with a better bathroom . He replied to me saying no other room is available . In response , l have requested to speak to a manager . After waiting for awhile I got the front desk manager who was very polite and he accept that the institution is old (26 years old) and they have embarked on modernisation plan ( I have looked all over the complex ,inside and outside the building, but I have failed to notice any noticed building activities) .
He said to me that I enjoyed the group discounted member rate and that’s it as if the rate justified a bad accommodation or service . A statesman the group head office need to clarify . However , he came with an idea of paying €15 per night to upgrade to a better room at the next building and to have an access to their lounge room ( Lugal , an upmarket name of the chain) . Unfortunately , I had no choice but to accept the offer and to cough out €90 .
In the early hours of the morning I have noticed that I have left my iPhone charger with the adapter attached to the desk lamp with my medical PPF3 mask . I have requested the concierge to bring them back but he only found the mask but the charger and the adapter have vanished . I visited the room personally to look for it. The room was left empty and only the domestic staff had access to it . I have informed the reception but they came back saying sorry we can’t find it . A security issue the hotel management need to address .
The new given room ( 3423) was very spacious, suit type, nice view , well equipped , with comfortable bed and pillows and with modern bathroom but the bathroom was badly maintained .
Next morning , I had to shower but the knob that Chang the water from the hand set to the ceiling shower came out into my hand . I have to report it and it’s was fixed on the same day ( picture provided) . As I was getting out of the shower , thank God, I have noticed that the floor towel looked wet . As I stepped out of the shower I have felt the floor is covered with water and luckily I didn’t slipped , very hard to notice as the floor was shining white marble ( a serious health and safety issues with serious consequence if it had happened to me ) . I had to spend time drying the floor with the available towels . I have noticed big gap between the fixed glass panel and the wall as well as gap in the plastic sealer of the door ( pictures provided ) . I had to mention it to Burak on the day I have to check out .
Back to the lounge offer , I have visited the room on several occasions and I have noticed they will only offering tea , coffee and water during day time ( similar to what you can get in your room ) . Only Soft drink , beers and wine are provided between 18-24 hours . No sealed cakes , no sealed sandwiches are provided like what offer other institutions . Funny enough the fridge was looked with a primitive padlock ( picture provided ) I was so dis- appointed with the quality on offer. It sound like a scam .
The breakfast was reasonable , not a buffet service due to current Covid 19 recommendations . The waitresses were very polite , professionals and caring . The only set back was the guy at the restaurant reception. He neither speak nor understand English and he on one occasion asks a female Chief to translate to him my request. A strange appointment in a big chain hotel in the capital of turkey dealing with international visitors .
In conclusion , I feel that this hotel should not be awarded 5* status in his status que . Also , I feel that the management team is very week at Ankara Sheraton and not up to the task of running a 5* brand hotel. They have made the brand name into disrepute.
The brand owner need to visit , access and then act accordingly .

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Maria Yıkılmaz, Müşteri Hizmetleri / Ön Büro at Sheraton Ankara Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2020

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience with Sheraton Ankara Hotel & Convention Center.
You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept my sincere apology for not meeting your expectations duly.
Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority. We value each of the points which you mentioned in your feedback and we have forwarded them to the relevant Department Heads in order to re-focus our efforts and regain our composure.
I hope we may have chance to prove our improvement on your next stay with us.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 June 2020

We stayed at this hotel from Feb through June 2020 during the Corona virus lock down.Excellent service through challenging times. The staff could not have been more accommodating and would help with anything we needed. Excellent facilities, food was tremendous on both the English and Turkish sides. Restaurants, lounge and Gym / Pool were great while they were open and staff even allowed us to bring excercise equipment to the room during the tough 4 day lock downs.Thanks to Ali and his fantastic team (Can, Burchin, Marissa, Harkan, Maria) and so many more that i could name (sorry), for making a very challenging time a memorable experience we will always remember.

Room tip: Stay on a higher floor of the Lugal if possible, great view of the city from the south side.
Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 18 March 2020

again dropped by The Club House Jazz Bar, Ankara that I discovered last year. The band called Somel Trio performs joyful concerts on Friday and Saturday evenings between 21.00-00.00 in here. Prices are normally high due to it works in body of Sheraton Hotel. Although its location is one floor down of entrance floor, it has street view in front side. Smoking people use these semi opened parts in this section. Inner area has a dim enlightenment. Except the chairs in the bar, there are chairs see the stage placed around to the small tables. In addition, there is another tiny section with wide and comfortable armchairs see the stage from side angle. Owing to there are not very much places performing jazz in Ankara here becomes more valuable. It has working since 1996.
Last year they had tiny menus matching with beer or wine. I ate calamari with wine then. This time I was not hungry. I started with beer. I liked the cocktail called Gin Basil (40₺) that I tried after it. I ordered the second one even. It was the cheapest choice in the menu just my luck. Beer prices are starting from 28₺. I drank the first cocktail added with ice and the second one without ice but chilled. They offered a plate consisting roasted corn, chips and peanut. Then they offered another plate consisting almond, nut and pistachio. All sidings are serving as hot. The cocktail is successful in respect of price and taste. You can easily feel the alcohol. They add Hendrick’s gin into it. Prices are higher even at most ordinary venues. Thanks to the live music, it becomes a nice option. You should make reservation before concert. The venue is filling in short time.

Room tip: Some rooms on 11th floor has view of Atakule and Seğmenler Park
Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 25 February 2020

I stayed in Sheraton after staying in Swissotel Ankara which was also great but Sheraton exceeded my expectations. If anything has to be nice about the hotel all is there, including the shape of the building and amenities. Rooms are just great and super comfortable, meetings rooms are perfect, spa and swimming pool are also great. Breakfast was as expected overloaded with all types of snacks and food, lunch was also descent. Location of the hotel is just as good as it should be. I will try to book myself in this place again when traveling back to Ankara.

Date of stay: January 2020