“Pilugaw and tokwa't baboy - perfect match”
Review of Lugawan Republic

Lugawan Republic
Ranked #722 of 2 099 Restaurants in Quezon City
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 23 July 2017

Never disappointed.
Fast and delicious.
Piligaw is consistent texture and fillings. Loved that you can ask for extra garlic.
Tokwa't baboy served hot and crispy with lots of onions.
Their service water is steeped with fresh pandan.
Lots of parking space for a timog resto

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Lugawan Republic is more a local chain of restaurants known for their lugaws or dish similar to Congee. I liked the food. Not a very neat restaurant but the taste of the food is more local and good.

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed 14 November 2015 via mobile

Not just ordinary lugaw. My friends and I like this place cause we can choose our own lugaw based on our preferences cause you have a lot to choose from. I always order this 'Pilugaw' with the sticky sotanghon, goto, chicken, black mushroom and a lot more. They also have this 'Make your own lugaw' wherein a plain lugaw and you get to choose what toppings you want to add or to remove. Plus it's a good deal cause it very affordable. BTW, lugaw is a rice porridge.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed 2 October 2014 via mobile

This place is filthy the moment you step in. The kitchen is visible from the cashier counter and you will see that it's dirty, always wet, and filthy! When we went upstairs to dine, I saw a huge rat the size of a cat!!!!!! If you want rodents while you eat, this is the place for that yucky treat.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I have tried a number of lugawan around the Philippines. I have heard from friends that they do have the best lugaw. I know they have been existing for quite a while. Every time i'd pass by the place, it is always full. I wondered what their secret was. This evening my sister was craving to eat lugaw "porridge". She said she will definitely go on a lugaw spree "eat-all-you-can". What played on her mind was the bowl would be small and the taste may be so-so. As we entered the restaurant, i noticed this ukoy..mmmm looks good i said to myself. My mom had the tempura lugaw, I had the Pilugaw, my sister had Goto Hell and my niece had the simplest, basic lugaw with quail eggs. And i made an additional side dish okoy. First look, oh my god big bowl. Then when we tasted it, mmm..... taste even better. Then, we started eating and we were all impressed. If we weren't on a diet, we would have eaten more...Diet! Then, when my niece drank her water she was surprised because it tasted so unusual. It was something new to them. I tasted it and i said ohhh it's a pandan water. That's the only comment, they wished they were informed because it was something new to them. But i was ready for it. The people (crew) were very friendly and accommodating. I asked them to take pictures and they helped us out. The price were worthy. A new place to hang around. Thumbs up!!!

Date of visit: December 2013