“Got lucky!”

Mei Sum Teahouse
Ranked #160 of 1 138 Restaurants in Manila
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 25 May 2017

It was getting late in the afternoon and I never had lunch while I was starting on my exploration of Chinatown.... I was hungry and just wanted some cliche sweet and sour chicken... very badly. I looked into a couple of places but just didn't get the right feeling... so I wandered around some more... there was no sidewalk menu here, so I asked the girl who was standing outside if they served that. They did, and I was even more hungry now so in I went. And it was a hot day so I also had them bring me a cold San Miguel... and it was nice and cold wow. Atmosphere inside was cozy and quiet after having been out on the bustling Chinatown street, and there was also a cool fish tank with some big fishy in it... the sweet and sour chicken arrived and it really hit the spot - pretty fresh, very flavourful, and was great with rice. Price so reasonable... This place looks fairly unremarkable, but the food is very good, pricing very attractive, and I was happy to have found it - one of the better chinese restaurants I have been to in the Philippines, and felt very authentic. Lucky!

1  Thank profits101

Reviewed 22 March 2017

We found this restaurant after hearing mass at the nearby church. The food is good and most viands can be bought in different sizes (small, medium or large servings). There are a lot of choices in the menu from dimsum to dessert. They do not hold back on the oyster sauce and vegetables. The children loved the crispy fried chicken since it tasted different from the fast food variety. For drinks, they have 2 liter bottles of soft drinks great for groups. There is in-house tea as well which you can ask about from the servers. Ambiance is the same as your usual Chinatown resto but with the good food and affordable price, it more than makes up for it.

2  Thank thoughtpicks
Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We didn't expect this restaurant to serve authentic Chinese food when we first enter...but it did! And has very good service, food is also cooked with high standard (freshness of ingredients and taste) and affordable too! Steamed Grouper is the main highlight that we just dig into and forgot to snap a picture! The take away Siopao is delicious especially the green one and last but not least, a smile is part the uniform of the staffs as they serve, and it just makes the food tastier and warmer!

1  Thank DannyC3402
Reviewed 6 March 2016 via mobile

Pretty good. Food was good, service was friendly and the beer cold! A great place to stop in while exploring a busy Chinatown

Reviewed 20 December 2015

If you like to explore the "local food" in the china town area this is one of the best options. Food is great...and there is a nice atmosphere. Recommended...